Author Topic: Sound Effects Suggested Change - Queue sounds  (Read 17724 times)

GameWithM

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: GameWithM
Sound Effects Suggested Change - Queue sounds
« on: August 27, 2016, 08:45:23 AM »
Hi there!

We love to make custom sound effects for our stream,  we even offer personal effects for people who support on patreon.

Some of the effects are like silly themed parodies from popular media. 
You can see the sounds and music I am talking about here: https://soundcloud.com/gamewithm/sets

The issue we are having with the way sound effect are played by the bot is that the sounds get overwritten if a new sound command is used too quickly.

Some of our effects last up to 10-15 seconds depending on the sub level and and with stream latency people sometimes don't realize that an effect will be cut off because of what they did.

I would love to be able have the sounds finish before the next sound can play, maybe like a playlist style stacking of the effects, and some options for cooldown between sounds would be awesome.

I understand that deepbot might not be the best bot for this much sound configuration, but really the sound effects system in place is really nice and I think these small additions to the current system would really empower content creators like us!  :)

Thanks for the awesome bot.  Any other thoughts?

TSForrest

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: TSForrest
Re: Sound Effects Suggested Change - Queue sounds
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2017, 02:49:31 PM »
I don't know if it's better to start a new thread.  Mostly because this post almost exactly describes the issues we have within sounds overwriting each other, and for the same reasons.  Our supporters are very enthusiastic about these intro commands that allow subscribers to announce their presence in chat, but with style. They love the sound clips they choose, but as our chat gets more active, I have been reqired to remove all sounds from Deepbot alerts and notifications, because it was rare for sounds to finish without being abruptly cut off by another sound. I keep finding myself needing other bots to handle stuff that just doesn't work right in Deepbot. Song requests, commands utilizing OBS Remote web sockets (for commands to pop a video clip/meme in OBS), commands that launch external commands or scripts, an now everything that plays sounds.  I really like Deepbot, and I see OBS Remote is being addressed in the latest beta, but if I keep needing to use other bots to do things that Deepbot should be able to handle, it starts to make more sense to move to using one of those bots as my primary bot. I would really like to avoid this, and continue using Deepbot as my bot of choice!

Please consider addressing this!

-TSForrest

ExpertsOnline

• Creator
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: expertsonline
Re: Sound Effects Suggested Change - Queue sounds
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2017, 07:41:49 PM »
Sorry to hear about the difficulties you are facing.

We did release a queue system for the sound system in Feb 2017, so I am quite surprised you are still seeing this issue.
Can you please send us the sound files you are using to deepbot@deep.sg and we will test this again.