Author Topic: Sub Alert sound not working  (Read 4292 times)

ziss

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: zisss
Sub Alert sound not working
« on: August 05, 2014, 09:07:33 AM »
Hi, been using the bot for over half a year, on either the last update or me donating for the premium, the sub sound stopped working. Moving sub to VIP group, welcome chat text and auto add points still work, just not the sound.

The sound plays fine when i click on the > play button as well, just doesn't auto play when someone subs.

Not sure what to do, I have tried restarting the bot, check for update etc...

Dante557

• Advisor
  • Councilor
  • Sometimes Helpful, Sometimes Not :D
    • View Profile
    • My Twitch Page
  • Twitch Name: Dante557
Re: Sub Alert sound not working
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 09:11:41 AM »
Only things I can think of is if Deepbot has been muted by windows or it cannot locate the sound file. Does the sound for follower notifications still work?
If you need to get through to me you can try to contact me on Twitter @ http://www.twitter.com/dante556

ziss

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 09:12:31 AM »
Sorry forgot to mention, the sound plays fine when I click on the > button right under the select file box, it just won't auto play.

I don't have a sound alert for followers, it gets too spammy.

Dante557

• Advisor
  • Councilor
  • Sometimes Helpful, Sometimes Not :D
    • View Profile
    • My Twitch Page
  • Twitch Name: Dante557
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2014, 03:57:25 AM »
This is strange. Other streamers who are partnered and use Deepbot do get the sound along with the actions performed automatically for you. Thing with programs like these is that one configuration will work for the majority of people but some systems, like yours unfortunately, will demonstrate problems. I'll alert Experts to this to see if he can figure it out for you.
If you need to get through to me you can try to contact me on Twitter @ http://www.twitter.com/dante556

ziss

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2014, 04:38:20 PM »
The thing is I been using this bot for over half a year and it has been fine the whole time until last week.

It's been working the whole time until latest update / me donating for premium. And no I didn't change any of my PC settings / programs / os. Will see if it's working tomorrow...

ExpertsOnline

• Creator
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: expertsonline
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2014, 02:23:51 AM »
As discussed, after the latest update the on-screen notification needs to be checked for any notification to take place. (including sounds). It respects this master setting or assumes you are using some other third party program for notifications.

Apologies for not making it clear in the change logs.