Author Topic: Deepbot keeps crashing  (Read 2496 times)

TheExperience_

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: TheExperience_
Deepbot keeps crashing
« on: August 06, 2014, 04:26:05 PM »
Hi, my deepbot has been crashing ever since i downloaded the update. Here's the crash report:

BlackMoridin

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: BlackMoridin
Re: Deepbot keeps crashing
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2014, 06:12:08 PM »
I've had the same thing, i updated deepbot and it's been crashing during startup ever since, i even tried reinstalling but it's not working, and i'm afraid to lose my vieuwers information if i do like a full swipe of the program and reinstall

Dante557

• Advisor
  • Councilor
  • Sometimes Helpful, Sometimes Not :D
    • View Profile
    • My Twitch Page
  • Twitch Name: Dante557
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2014, 09:16:59 PM »
From what I can gather from the error log, windows itself has taken exclusive control of the file in question. This means as far as permissions go you as the user do not have the access rights to read from the file.

I recommend moving the Deepbot file away from the place it currently is into somewhere like Your Documents to prevent these kind of problems from happening.

To rectify this you will need to go onto the files properties and edit the permissions for the file.

Thanks,
Dante557
If you need to get through to me you can try to contact me on Twitter @ http://www.twitter.com/dante556

syndrome208

• Padawan
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: syndrome208
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2014, 08:59:59 AM »
I have moved the folder to several locations and keep getting the crash when it tries to connect.  I am admin on my system also

syndrome208

• Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2014, 09:13:38 AM »
I have also rolled back to the old version before the update yesturday and have the same issue.  Chalking it up to a twitch issue since some friends and I have all been having connection issues while trying to stream.

syndrome208

• Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2014, 09:52:19 AM »
Logs are also blank execpt for chatlog

[06 Aug 19:47:25] The server instance WebSocketServer-41816592 has been started!
[06 Aug 19:50:32] The server instance WebSocketServer-47063234 has been started!

Dante557

• Advisor
  • Councilor
  • Sometimes Helpful, Sometimes Not :D
    • View Profile
    • My Twitch Page
  • Twitch Name: Dante557
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2014, 10:21:10 AM »
Assuming the problem is still the same, can you right click the "ionic.Zip.dll" file and click properties. Click the Security tab and make sure the settings are the same as this. The following should be ticked for allow (I assume you are using Windows 7).

Authenticated Users - Modify, Read & Execute, Read, Write
SYSTEM - Full Control, Modify, Read & Execute, Read, Write
Administrators - Full Control, Modify, Read & Execute, Read, Write
Users - Read & Execute, Read

Sorry it took so long to reply, time goes surprisingly fast. See if that works out for you

Thanks,
Dante557

If you need to get through to me you can try to contact me on Twitter @ http://www.twitter.com/dante556

syndrome208

• Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2014, 11:45:19 AM »
Window 8.1
The security was setup as you have it so I just gave it all full control and still same thing.

There are a few windows updates that popped up today I'll run those tonight and see if they help resolve it.

its just a connection error and like I said earlier today for about 6 hours prior to that deepbot was running fine.

ExpertsOnline

• Creator
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: expertsonline
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2014, 02:03:09 AM »
If it is a connection error, please make sure you are using port 80 or 443. There is an issue with twitch servers where port 6667 is not open for a number of new chat servers.