Author Topic: Auto /unhost When Stream Goes Live [ lovindatacos ]  (Read 5171 times)

lovindatacos

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: lovindatacos
Auto /unhost When Stream Goes Live [ lovindatacos ]
« on: August 10, 2014, 10:54:52 PM »
I'm requesting an adjustment to the hosting manager that it can detect if I'm streaming in my channel...if I am it auto disable the hosting in the channel.  Once I got offline for at least 5-10 minutes it will start hosting channels for me again (a 5-10 minute delay to deal with when I just need to do a quick restart)

This would then allow setting up a fire and forget system with hosting so that I'm promoting others when offline and allows for easy management when I happen to come online and eliminates a streamer from forgetting to

I think the hosting manager is an amazing addition and with a few tweaks can become something even better.  Thanks for all your hard work on this.

ExpertsOnline

• Creator
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: expertsonline
Re: Hosting Manager - Activate only when offline, disable when online
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 11:16:00 PM »
The auto switch-off is already in place. It detects the stream and switches off hosting. The Auto switch-on is not something that is in....lets see what other streamers think about this, and will prioritize accordingly.

lovindatacos

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: lovindatacos
Re: Hosting Manager - Activate only when offline, disable when online
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 04:20:29 AM »
Hmmm, it didn't unhost my channel automatically yesterday...I'll give it a try again tomorrow and report back.  The auto-switch on if it's just a checkbox option would then allow each streamer to make their own choice rather than relying on popular vote would it not?

I hope I'm not overloading you with requests...hopefully I come up with a few ideas that help produce an even better product.  Enjoy your weekend.

Voodogirl

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: VoodoGirlx
Re: Auto /unhost When Stream Goes Live [ lovindatacos ]
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 12:46:26 AM »
I think this is a great idea. Having the auto hosting initiated automatically after I have stopped streaming for a certain amount of time would be awesome.

Sephiroth

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: Sephiroth
Re: Auto /unhost When Stream Goes Live [ lovindatacos ]
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2014, 08:14:18 AM »
Having the ability to opt-in to automatically re-hosting upon end of stream would be amazing.