Author Topic: Point backup file  (Read 1516 times)

BlackMoridin

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: BlackMoridin
Point backup file
« on: August 06, 2014, 07:49:21 PM »
Hello, so basically after the update the bot kept crashing on startup, so i removed everything and reinstalled everything, now it works, i have copied the backup folder and playlist folders back to the instal folder, and copied the latest userconfig.bin file from the back up folder into the instal folder. And everything is back to perfect except one thing... All the users have 1 Point, what file did i forget to move over from the back up? Furthermore i have the VIP version of deepbot shouldn't there be a backup of everything online???

ExpertsOnline

• Creator
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: expertsonline
Re: Point backup file
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 12:21:12 AM »
You most likely did not move the users.bin file which contains all the user points information.

The online cloud storage infrastructure is still being built up. There are some backups online but the retrieval process is manual until the cloud storage functionality is fully live.

Nomanis

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: Nomanis
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 05:35:43 PM »
If it already exists, pl point me to it, but could you do an 'idiot's guide to backing up your users points'?

We had ours wiped a few weeks ago when i restored my computer. I need to restore it againa nd want to make sure my users don't lose their points this time.

Many thanks

ExpertsOnline

• Creator
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: expertsonline
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 11:20:46 PM »
All DeepBot user data is saved in the below files:
users.bin
usersconfig.bin
chanmsgconfig.bin
DeepBot.s3

Simply backup these files and paste them after re-installing DeepBot on the new machine.

Regards,
Experts