Author Topic: How can I add my prersonal playlist from my I-Tunes?  (Read 3213 times)

TheDarkArmy

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: TheDarkArmy
How can I add my prersonal playlist from my I-Tunes?
« on: September 24, 2014, 02:21:32 AM »
That was pretty much the question in the subject. lol. Can't seem to figure out how to add an offline playist from I-Tunes cause if i use YT it lags my pc down. already maxed out my cpu.

Dante557

• Advisor
  • Councilor
  • Sometimes Helpful, Sometimes Not :D
    • View Profile
    • My Twitch Page
  • Twitch Name: Dante557
Re: How can I add my prersonal playlist from my I-Tunes?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, 02:26:46 AM »
The music player tab only has the ability to load Youtube videos and playlists at the moment i'm afraid. However if you use iTunes Deepbot can get the song info from it when anyone uses the !song command.
If you need to get through to me you can try to contact me on Twitter @ http://www.twitter.com/dante556

TheDarkArmy

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2014, 05:24:18 AM »
Well this is embarassing.. but ya..still don't have a clue how to add an offline playlist from I-tunes or VLC that my chat can access to request songs. Walk through video on YT available or step by step instructions ? Sorry, I'm an old man & some of this goes right over my head..lol.

Dante557

• Advisor
  • Councilor
  • Sometimes Helpful, Sometimes Not :D
    • View Profile
    • My Twitch Page
  • Twitch Name: Dante557
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2014, 10:14:59 AM »
Haha don't worry about it, here's how it works.

Your users cannot request a song to play on your iTunes playlist (namely because I'm not even sure if iTunes has a way to even do so without an Apple device). They can, however, see what song is currently being played by using the !song command. !requestsong only works with Youtube videos at this current point in time as does the inbuilt playlist on the music tab in Deepbot.

In this case only the !song command will work. I don't believe you can control the volume with the !volume command in this case. You would need to recreate your music library using Youtube videos if you want to give your users the ability to request songs. Lets be honest though, mostly everything music wise is probably on Youtube but on the flip side do you really want to give your viewers this kind of power? I'm sure you have your musical tastes and they will probably have theirs.

It's a lot of power to give them. Something to think about :)

Thanks,
Dante557
If you need to get through to me you can try to contact me on Twitter @ http://www.twitter.com/dante556

emrerocky

• Advisor
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
    • emrerocky's Website
  • Twitch Name: emrerocky
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2014, 10:23:58 AM »
Haha don't worry about it, here's how it works.

Your users cannot request a song to play on your iTunes playlist (namely because I'm not even sure if iTunes has a way to even do so without an Apple device). They can, however, see what song is currently being played by using the !song command. !requestsong only works with Youtube videos at this current point in time as does the inbuilt playlist on the music tab in Deepbot.

In this case only the !song command will work. I don't believe you can control the volume with the !volume command in this case. You would need to recreate your music library using Youtube videos if you want to give your users the ability to request songs. Lets be honest though, mostly everything music wise is probably on Youtube but on the flip side do you really want to give your viewers this kind of power? I'm sure you have your musical tastes and they will probably have theirs.

It's a lot of power to give them. Something to think about :)

Thanks,
Dante557

Also Twitch will mute VoD's if they see copyrighted content,  so if you want your past broadcasts to have audio, that is also something to think about. 

-emrerocky

TheDarkArmy

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2014, 10:36:21 AM »
Thanks guys. I appreciate both of your input.  :)

SitDownCreepa

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: CreepaGaming
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2014, 10:00:05 AM »
I didnt want to make a new topic, but is it possible for u to do this for spotify?

emrerocky

• Advisor
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
    • emrerocky's Website
  • Twitch Name: emrerocky
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2014, 10:08:16 AM »
I didnt want to make a new topic, but is it possible for u to do this for spotify?

As I believe, !song will show the name of the song if you have a song in Spotify playing.

-emrerocky