Author Topic: Channel Commands  (Read 1766 times)

AsperBestia

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: www.twitch.tv/asperbestia
Channel Commands
« on: September 25, 2014, 12:40:40 AM »
Trying to make it so when viewers/ users type in !rank And then it shows my rank, basicly right now it is put as

I am Gold Nova Master right now @user@ now when i execute it from "console" it works fine, but not when one write it in chat not for me and not for others

But my other command !from works fine I am from Norway @user@ :D

Anyone know how to fix this :)?

Dante557

• Advisor
  • Councilor
  • Sometimes Helpful, Sometimes Not :D
    • View Profile
    • My Twitch Page
  • Twitch Name: Dante557
Re: Channel Commands
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2014, 01:09:39 AM »
!rank is an internal command which is currently reserved for something that will be added in the future. This means unfortunately that you will be unable to use !rank (Or indeed, any internal command) in a custom command.

Sorry,
Dante557
If you need to get through to me you can try to contact me on Twitter @ http://www.twitter.com/dante556

AsperBestia

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2014, 01:11:42 AM »
!rank is an internal command which is currently reserved for something that will be added in the future. This means unfortunately that you will be unable to use !rank (Or indeed, any internal command) in a custom command.

Sorry,
Dante557

But how come !from works then ?, i thought you perhaps could just make up something and it would work ?

Dante557

• Advisor
  • Councilor
  • Sometimes Helpful, Sometimes Not :D
    • View Profile
    • My Twitch Page
  • Twitch Name: Dante557
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2014, 01:18:40 AM »
Because !from isn't an internal command. Any commands you add are stored in a separate custom command list which get looked at after the first internal list has been looked at.

If anything is found in the first internal command list it will execute it and won't bother checking the rest of the list. You can test this out yourself by making a custom command with the same name as what you've called your points. It will do the normal points operation and won't execute the custom points message you have set

Thanks,
Dante557
If you need to get through to me you can try to contact me on Twitter @ http://www.twitter.com/dante556

AsperBestia

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2014, 01:26:50 AM »
Allright, thank you, Dante! :)