Poll

Raffles/Auctions Save To File On Entry: Would You Find This Feature Useful?

Yes
1 (100%)
No
0 (0%)
Maybe
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: September 22, 2014, 10:10:05 PM

Author Topic: POLL: Auctions/Raffles save file  (Read 1877 times)

Crimson Sands Gaming

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: Crimson_Sands_Gaming
POLL: Auctions/Raffles save file
« on: August 22, 2014, 05:35:02 PM »
Hi,  I wasnt sure if i should make a new topic for this or post this in my other one... so sorry in advance.

As i previously mentioned in my points/viewer thread, i hold weekly Auctions with the points, at the request and suggestion of a number of my Viewers i am possibly going to move this to every 2nd weekend.   However my issue is that whenever the Deepbot is shutdown either by a crash/error or by restarting the PC  for a update or Deepbot Updates and reboots, i lose the Auction.  Who bid, Who has top bid, The auction info itself ect... it's all gone and i have to restart the Auction and try to get the last person who did a bid to redo the bid at the same bid amount, I've run into this issue 4 times already..   Having this Info all saved each time a new top bid is made would make this problem basically go away and make me having 2 week length Auction a much more easier accomplishment.

Also, If you can add What the current top bid is, within the auction area of the Deepbot UI or have a button to trigger the "broadcast" so I and others can know what the bid is at on demand would also be a nice addition.   If theres a command for this, then i must of Missed it...  also at the same time, adding/allowing Regular users to trigger a short "top bid" command so they can see who is top bidder and at how much would also be nice.

Thank you, and i am Loving this Bot!!  Keep up the great work!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 10:17:18 PM by Dante557 »
http://www.twitch.tv/crimson_sands_gaming - Waiting for Star Citizen to be more Stream worthy, playing Random games till then! come Join the fun!

Crimson Sands Gaming

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: Auctions/Raffles save file
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2014, 04:33:52 AM »
I'l like to reiterate on this Issue since i dont know if it's been acknowledged or even seen.

Out of the number of requests/Suggestions i've Posted this one is #1 on my List.  My viewers, Moderators and myself are quite annoyed about the Auctions always being reset every time i accidentally close the bot (really, can you add a Confirmation on that closing?)  or Computer crashed or bot crashed or power outage ect...  Everyones Bid is erased and i lose the entire Auction information and the auction itself (i run 1-2 week auctions so this affects the auctions greatly).  Also, can we get abit more Info on the Top bid, like a !topbid command and maybe show the amount along with the name in the "Total Entries" listing" so i can see easily what the top bid is.   but ya, !topbid or something so people can check what the you bid amount is and who it is, this would save me having to have it on the Overlay and manually always updating it.... and i have the bot only do the broadcast every 2 hours to prevent it from spamming the channel since it already has alot of stuff going on.

Thanks.
http://www.twitch.tv/crimson_sands_gaming - Waiting for Star Citizen to be more Stream worthy, playing Random games till then! come Join the fun!

Dante557

• Advisor
  • Councilor
  • Sometimes Helpful, Sometimes Not :D
    • View Profile
    • My Twitch Page
  • Twitch Name: Dante557
Re: Auctions/Raffles save file
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 10:16:55 PM »
I apologise. This one must have slipped by me when I was trawling though the feature requests. I think the original reason this wasn't the case was that people would "forget" that they had a raffle/auction open when they restarted the bot. This could be fixed by a little pop-up on the screen when the bot loads saying "You currently have a raffle/aution loaded. Would you like to load this?" thus eliminating that problem.

Added a poll to gauge user interest. Poll is open for 14 days.

Thanks,
Dante557
If you need to get through to me you can try to contact me on Twitter @ http://www.twitter.com/dante556

Crimson Sands Gaming

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: POLL: Auctions/Raffles save file
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 03:40:07 PM »
Havnt stopped by the Forums in awhile, thanks for the Reply, sorry i never noticed your reply till now.

i see no one bothered with the Poll, however i would still love some kind of Save file so i could Update or restart the computer without losing the "top bid" data along with the other settings as mentioned previously since i do ~2 week auctions with this feature.  Having to ask people to rebid their top bid has become a bother for both sides as this tends to happen more then once on average threw each 2 week auction.