Author Topic: Issues on WS2008  (Read 848 times)

Wolfie

• Padawan
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: Wolfie713
Issues on WS2008
« on: October 21, 2014, 10:41:12 AM »
Okay started to use it on Win7 but decided to move it over to WS2008.  I've noticed a couple of issues from this...

If I try to run it using a shortcut, I am always prompted if I'm sure I want to run it since it's from an unknown publisher.  Okay so that means that I can't plop it into the StartUp folder and the alternative is to use the Task Scheduler.  However if I do that, then the chanmsgconfig.bin file is ignored and recreated as though it weren't there.  To have it use the existing chanmsgconfig.bin file, I have to start it using a shortcut (ie not via Task Scheduler), but then there's the prompt about running it from an unknown publisher.  Catch-22 there.

Account running it has admin privs and there is no way to disable that prompt without lower security across the entire computer (ie, can't just exempt DeepBot).  When trying the Task Scheduler, it appears the users file is retained with no issues at all, only the 'chanmsgconfig' file gets sacrificed.  I have checked and as far as security is concerned, the two files are the same, which I was hoping would be the cause of the issue since that would be easy enough to fix.

I looked at the log file and it doesn't reveal anything on why this is happening.  It's like DB doesn't see the 'chanmsgconfig' file even though it's there (when run via Task Scheduler).