Author Topic: My thoughts on DeepBot thus far...  (Read 1018 times)

Wolfie

• Padawan
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: Wolfie713
My thoughts on DeepBot thus far...
« on: October 21, 2014, 11:10:47 AM »
Overall loving it.  Makes it easy to see who has been in the channel and for how long.  Still learning all the features and it's definitely top notch.  That said, I have some comments...

1. When trying to connect using the IRC port (6667), I'm always prompted about using port 80.  Would like to be able to connect via 6667 without having the prompt each time.
2. My default browser is Chrome, but DeepBot tends to launch I.E. for some reason.  Not always the case but still a bit odd.
3. Not sure if anyone else would appreciate this, but being able to choose how many (points) a person starts with.  The default is one, is there a way to change that?  If not, having the option to set it would be nice.
4. For timed commands, would be nice if the 'name' could be used manually, so like a mod could do !info (for example) to trigger the message from a timed event, without having to make a duplicate command for it.
5. Feature request/idea: a 'store' of sorts.  Let someone !buy <item> so that they go into a queue for buying something using their points.  Bot owner/operator can enter the item id (like a number or keyword or something) along with quantity, description and cost.  Idea for this is for the streamer to have stuff they want their viewers to be able to get but instead of an auction or raffle/etc, be able to buy it from points they earned by watching the stream.
6. Request: When someone follows, be able to optionally add them as a VIP person (and another option to 'demote' them if they unfollow).
7. Question: If someone follows and gets the +10 points and then they unfollow and let's say a few days later follow again, after several others have followed, do they get another +10 or does it flag the user so that they only get +10 one time and then that's all, ever?
8. Request: When someone follows, be able to perform actions without displaying any messages.
9. Request: For autohosting others, be able to have the list of people be auto generated based on (who is following/being followed/donated/subbed) and be able to selectively exempt (ignore/bypass) selected people from being autohosted.  So if I want to enable it but only autohost people I follow, except for a certain person or select people, then I can do that without having to add those I want to autohost.  Then as I follow more people, they are automatically included in the autohost list.  Or at the very least, allow the importing of one of those lists instead of typing in a bunch of streamer names.
10. Be able to modify (or at least view) sub/donation options even if they are not available for use.

Overall, great bot.  Just providing feedback in hopes of making it better.
:)