Author Topic: Commercial Timer does not seem to work for me  (Read 1983 times)

StressLevelZero

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: StressLevelZero
Commercial Timer does not seem to work for me
« on: September 03, 2014, 03:00:20 PM »
After starting up the program logging in Go To -> Channel Commands -> Streamer Messages. There is a section called "Commercial Timer" I modified the time to be how long between commercials and hit start. The timer counts down and reaches zero but dose not do anything and does not reset itself. Is this how this is suppose to work? or am I doing something wrong?

Settings:
Before Playing: Nothing
After Playing: Nothing
Commercial Length 60 Sec
Timer: 15:00

StressLevelZero

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: Commercial Timer does not seem to work for me
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 04:01:24 PM »
Haven't head anything back on this. And was hoping to hear something soon since I felt this was one of the main purpose of the program.

Cheers

ExpertsOnline

• Creator
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: expertsonline
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 01:20:45 AM »
I was waiting for some of the other partnered streamers to test and feedback if this was a widespread problem.
I do not have access to a partnered stream, so testing these features on my end is not possible. I try and code them as best as I can, but some bugs may exist which get refined based on user feedback.

Could you confirm the following:
Your stream was live when you were testing this?
Your streamer login was connected with the bot when you were testing this?

Regards,
Experts

StressLevelZero

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2014, 05:36:58 AM »
We have not been using this feature while online/Live since we want to personally time the ads while live so our audience doesn't miss anything since we are only doing 2-4 hour streams. However we might use that feature when we are Live when we go to an 8 hour or 24 hour stream cycle. However we want to use this feature while offline while our 400+ dedicated fans stay in the chat 24/7 to grind points. I can manually run ads while offline but the bot does not seem to be able to do the same automatically while offline.

I will try while online next stream.
The streamer account is/was logged in always.

We are trying to hit our audience right after a big stream while they are still in the chat and hit them right before and right after a hosted stream.

Thanks,

And good work so far Experts

ExpertsOnline

• Creator
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: expertsonline
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2014, 05:40:16 PM »
Currently the timed advertisments are only available when the stream is live. Running these automated adverts offline while the streamer is afk was considered a breach of ToS, and hence it is not allowed. I will be clarifying this point with the Twitch again and revert if that is still the case.

wtfosaurus

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: wtfosaurus
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2014, 05:03:27 PM »
can confirm that this is not working while live. I would love to be able to have this on a set it and forget it for when I am streaming. Feel free to contact me if you would like  me to help you with this as I am a partnered streamer :)