Poll

Starting Point Total: Would You Find This Feature Useful?

Yes
1 (100%)
No
0 (0%)
Maybe
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: February 13, 2015, 01:12:43 AM

Author Topic: POLL: Starting Point Total  (Read 2438 times)

DefiantReaper

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: DefiantReaper
POLL: Starting Point Total
« on: February 03, 2015, 11:55:26 PM »
First and Foremost Wow...Amazing Bot My All Time Favorite I did have a idea or a thought though My community that is growing daily has really fallen in love with the mini games that are implemented now this may already be part of the Bot. Is There a way for example new guy 1 comes in he is enjoying the stream clicks follow and gets 100 so for example give him 100 points for joining the chat (or whatever amount you decide to set it at) and then when he follows give another 100 points that way you dont have a new person saying they want to play and you have to pause to manually add some points.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 01:13:01 AM by Dante557 »

TheNumbLock

• Advisor
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: TheNumbLock
Re: Loyalty Points I Feel Are Missing Something
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2015, 03:51:46 AM »
Well you can setup follows to give points, but you would like viewers to have an automatic point start point?
Old Name: RepentGamingTV
Twitch: Here

Need help ASAP?
Join Deepbot's Discord: Discord.Deepbot.tv
Deepbot's Twitter: @DeepSupport

DefiantReaper

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: DefiantReaper
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2015, 05:59:50 AM »
Well you can setup follows to give points, but you would like viewers to have an automatic point start point?

Yeah Exactly because the fact that all my viewers are enjoying it there playing it a new viewer may want to do that while checking out the stream but when they have only 1 point for just joining not much they can do with that so why not implement cool first time viewer bam x amount of points then as far as if they follow since it does say follow date under the chat tab when they follow they get a little extra again amount determined by the streamer because that way for example right now for any new followers I drop them 200 reapercash just so they can play the games with my viewers then when I start doing giveaways in the future the rank system will come in play if there a recruit they wont qualify even though they have 200 cash which could be about 20 tickets they haven’t been there long enough so a.it gives them the factor of feeling part of the stream which will keep your viewers there and b makes it so much easier on the streamer so yeah I know we have the every hour or 20 minutes but I want a little bit of a bonus kicker for new viewers and new followers

Virlomi

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: Virlomi
Minimum Loyalty Points for Subscribers
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2015, 07:49:03 AM »
It was suggested to me by one of my subscribers that it would be nice if subs always had a certain amount of loyalty points, in my case gil. I thought this was a good idea because sometimes I do giveaways and one of the perks of being a sub is that you'll always have enough tickets to enter the giveaway. This ends up costing me a lot of time to go through and manually add points to each individual subscriber. I have it to where subs automatically become silver VIP's so I'm assuming it'd be linked into that somehow. It'd save me a lot of time and hassle.

I don't know if anyone else does this for their giveaways though.

Quote from: Dante557
This sounds similar to another idea so as such I am merging the topics together. Thanks, Dante557
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 01:59:52 AM by Dante557 »

Xnosity

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: Xnosity
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2015, 01:55:07 PM »

How do you set up follows to give points?

Config Tab>Follow Notifications
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 04:21:24 PM by RepentGamingTV »

Dante557

• Advisor
  • Councilor
  • Sometimes Helpful, Sometimes Not :D
    • View Profile
    • My Twitch Page
  • Twitch Name: Dante557
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2015, 01:11:35 AM »
So, if I understand this correctly this could be implemented one of two ways;

• When a viewer joins the channel FOR THE FIRST TIME (Or rather, when their username appears in the user database) they get <x> points to begin with
  • When they follow they get <x> amount of points (As in, how it works now)

OR

• Every day a variable gets reset (i.e. First Join) which when they join the channel on that day they get <x> amount of points. This would be linked to the date so to prevent repeat JOIN and PARTS
  • Follows work as they currently do

Personally I think this is a good idea as it would promote repeated visits to channels and even if they lost all their points the previous day they would have some beginning points to use as they see fit. I've added a poll to this topic and changed the title. Poll closes in 7 days.

If you need to get through to me you can try to contact me on Twitter @ http://www.twitter.com/dante556