Poll

Reorder Quotes After A Quote Is Deleted: Would You Find This Feature Useful?

Yes
0 (0%)
No
0 (0%)
Maybe
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: February 13, 2015, 02:49:36 AM

Author Topic: POLL: Reorder Quotes From !quote After One Is Deleted  (Read 1646 times)

seasickelijah

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: seasickelijah
POLL: Reorder Quotes From !quote After One Is Deleted
« on: January 25, 2015, 02:25:45 PM »
After deleting some of my quotes, I have noticed that the number it was assigned does not change.

For example. If I had 3 quotes programmed into the quote tab, they would be each assigned a number 1 - 3. This is the current system and this is fine.
1 "Quote 1"
2 "Quote 2"
3 "Quote 3"

Now, If I wanted to delete the 2nd Quote, the numbering for the other quotes stays the same.

1 "Quote 1"
2 ...
3 "Quote 3"

So, if someone in my chat were to type !quote 1, they would get the first quote or if they typed !quote 3, they would get the 3rd quote.

However, if they typed !quote 2, it would say quote 2 does not exist, which is true.

My suggestion is to add some way of fixing the ordering of numbers once a quote has been removed. Currently, I am deleting all the quotes above the deleted one and re-entering them so that they are in the appropriate order.

This is more of a convenience issue.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 02:49:03 AM by Dante557 »

StarOfDoom

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: !quote Number Order.
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 10:16:00 PM »
I agree with this, as one of my viewers was messing around and added Quote #1 as something inappropriate, and now there can never be a quote one on my channel, as I had to delete it. This feature would definitely be nice.

Dante557

• Advisor
  • Councilor
  • Sometimes Helpful, Sometimes Not :D
    • View Profile
    • My Twitch Page
  • Twitch Name: Dante557
Re: !quote Number Order.
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 02:47:55 AM »
I agree this is how the !quotes system should work. In a way I can understand why it works the current way (More for bulk deleting as you mentioned. Unless you know the quote number beforehand it could become quite difficult to delete it via chat. Obviously no problems deleting it from within the bot but more if you ask a trusted mod to do it).

However in the grand scheme of things it would be a lot better if it did re-order the quotes.

Poll added, Topic Title Changed, Poll closes in 7 days.
If you need to get through to me you can try to contact me on Twitter @ http://www.twitter.com/dante556