Author Topic: Normal Viewer - Follower Deffirence  (Read 1398 times)

Doktorpeng

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: DoktorPeng
Normal Viewer - Follower Deffirence
« on: February 26, 2015, 10:49:31 PM »
with my mirc chat bot i can make a difference between viewer and follower commands it would be nice to see it in here ... so not follower can use commands and follower can use more commands eg

ExpertsOnline

• Creator
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: expertsonline
Re: Normal Viewer - Follower Deffirence
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 11:13:32 PM »
The reason the follower status is not integrated into VIP / Points systems is because it is a very loose status.

People can follow and unfollow at any point in time. Keeping this list synced with twitch is much harder that it would seem.
Additionally, twitch has recently put in restrictions that prevent us from checking the status of more than the past 1,600 followers. As such, any stream that has more than that number of follows will find that the follow status of users within DeepBot is not fully synced with Twitch.

Overall - I can only see problems and ways to exploit any system linking follower status to anything meaningful as it is so easy to follow and unfollow making working with such a system frustrating for the end users.

Doktorpeng

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: DoktorPeng
Re: Normal Viewer - Follower Deffirence
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 03:26:08 AM »
ok ... didnt know that point ....

any chance to change watched hours manually so when i switch to deepbot i can give my longtime regular viewers a better rank to start?