Author Topic: Chat moderation!  (Read 2576 times)

KongGal

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: FinguhZ
Chat moderation!
« on: April 07, 2015, 04:47:58 AM »
a option for a banned word list could be really nice

a list where you can add words on and the bot will active scan all messages for words on the list and time them out way it could be made is

add / delete word
a list
timeout time

Commands
Add word
Delete word
mod level to add / remove

maybe a strike system with you can have 3-5 timeouts before you get a timed ban from it
like add it all on the userdata base with strikes / timed bans

emrerocky

• Advisor
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
    • emrerocky's Website
  • Twitch Name: emrerocky
Re: Chat moderation!
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 05:23:48 AM »
We are evaluation moderation features. Currently we feel free bots such as NightBot/Moobot perform a better job than most.
If we were to add moderation, we want to be able to provide a feature set as extensive as those options.

Ghroznak

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: Ghroznak
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2015, 01:40:28 PM »
Jumping in to support this suggestion.

Currently I am using MooBot for chat moderation such as spam filter, profanity filter, banned word list and link permissions.

The whole reason why I wanted to switch to DeepBot was to have an 'all in one' package, thus only needed one bot rather than relying on multiple bots and external features.

Before DeepBot I was using a combination of Moobot, Nightbot and TwitchAlerts.

DeepBot is doing everything I need and more (yay loyalty points!) so it makes me a little sad to have to still rely on Moobot and/or Nightbot for the chat moderation.

I do understand the reasoning with those bots doing a better job (currently at least) so it may not be a priorit for DeepBot development right now. But I am really hoping chat moderation will be incorporated into DeepBot in the future so it truly becomes the 'one stop shop' for Streamer needs.

I've discussed DeepBot with other streamers and very often I run into the reasoning where people question why they should go for DeepBot if they still have to have MooBot/Nightbot running anyways. With chat moderation implemented in DeepBot these arguments would simply fall away and DeepBot would be an obvious choice.

Anyways, I love DeepBot and really hope this can be added to the Bot :)

SimsGuySteve

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: SimsGuySteve
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2015, 08:13:39 PM »
While I wouldn't go so far as to vote this idea down, there are some factors that make it more efficient to use a third party bot like Moobot or Nightbot for chat moderation.   Chat moderation can require quite heavy CPU usage as it has to parse every single line of chat several times.   This is particularly applicable to high volume channels  with extremely busy chat.  For those who have a dedicated machine that they use for the bot, this may not be much of an issue, but for anyone else, it could create a lot of headaches.   

Like I said, not saying this absolutely should not be implemented, just wanted to point out that it may not be as efficient as you imagine it to be.