Author Topic: Warning: Scammer using deepbot name to try and trojan CSGO skins  (Read 2637 times)

VibeRaider

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: VibeRaiderLP
http://redd.it/35crus

Saw this tonight, obviously not really on you, but I figured I'd at least point you to the information about it. Possibly a warning of some kind so people who do a google search find out quickly its a scam attempt? You seem like a really flexible dev and I don't want the bot name even remotely tied to this BS.

TheNumbLock

• Advisor
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: TheNumbLock
Re: Warning: Scammer using deepbot name to try and trojan CSGO skins
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2015, 02:21:12 AM »
http://redd.it/35crus

Saw this tonight, obviously not really on you, but I figured I'd at least point you to the information about it. Possibly a warning of some kind so people who do a google search find out quickly its a scam attempt? You seem like a really flexible dev and I don't want the bot name even remotely tied to this BS.

Since the Original post was removed, can you provide the name of the person doing this? Probably PM it to me if you have it.

I would download a program called sandboxie, which helps prevent viruses on your computer. I use it all the time, I run it and I can see if it opens anything else besides the program to see if it is infected or not.
Old Name: RepentGamingTV
Twitch: Here

Need help ASAP?
Join Deepbot's Discord: Discord.Deepbot.tv
Deepbot's Twitter: @DeepSupport

VibeRaider

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2015, 12:22:02 PM »
Sorry I just got back to this. Unfortunately I didn't get to catch a name. I wasn't the OP, just someone who saw the correlation and wanted to pass the word just so you guys are aware. Next time I see something I'll grab an image so it can't disappear on me!

Also, will check into that program, but generally I am very protective about what I download. I just don't give leniency to anything I don't trust, don't care if I end up missing out on something occasionally because of it. :D

TheNumbLock

• Advisor
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: TheNumbLock
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2015, 12:43:35 PM »
Sorry I just got back to this. Unfortunately I didn't get to catch a name. I wasn't the OP, just someone who saw the correlation and wanted to pass the word just so you guys are aware. Next time I see something I'll grab an image so it can't disappear on me!

Also, will check into that program, but generally I am very protective about what I download. I just don't give leniency to anything I don't trust, don't care if I end up missing out on something occasionally because of it. :D

What program? I mean anything can contain a virus. It's pretty easy to attach a virus/RAT/etc to any program file. I usually run programs I am unsure about in Sandboxie ( http://www.sandboxie.com/ ).
Old Name: RepentGamingTV
Twitch: Here

Need help ASAP?
Join Deepbot's Discord: Discord.Deepbot.tv
Deepbot's Twitter: @DeepSupport

VibeRaider

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2015, 12:27:13 AM »
Do you mean what program was doing it? Because I honestly don't even remember. I was never hit by it, it was another person. And as I said, in future I'll screen posts because I didn't expect a deletion like that, no more of that. Was really just trying to help make it aware here, lesson learned to take damn pictures or C/P content for you guys. :D