Author Topic: Search function for @savelog@ files and !remove (points) all  (Read 2235 times)

xxxScorpion

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: xxxScorpion
Being able to search a savelog of usernames to check if they're on the list for a certain command or permissions for what not would be great. The ability to target each entry in the savelog with a command would be amazing as well.

Would also like !remove to function like !add (currency) all. As in I'd like to remove a certain amount of points from all users in the channel currently.

ThatGirlSlays

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
  • Twitch Name: ThatGirlSlays
Re: Search function for @savelog@ files and !remove (points) all
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2017, 02:18:19 AM »
I also recently tried to remove points from all users and to my surprise it didn't work so this is a feature I would like to see as well.

And I'm not sure if the first feature you mentioned is the same as what I'm thinking but they sound similar. I mentioned in the discord a while back being able to pass a string and check it against a readfile that has multiples lines and the result would be the line number that the string (exact match of the entire line) is found on or it will return 0/false/null if no match is found.

xxxScorpion

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2017, 06:14:22 AM »
Mine isn't the line number but more a verification that the requested text is in the file somewhere. It could be used for permissions or a mini game where users pick an option and it throws them into a txt file where it keeps track of more values for said mini game.

Though both of our search ideas would have tons of uses, would be awesome to get them.

ThatGirlSlays

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
  • Twitch Name: ThatGirlSlays
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2017, 10:11:56 PM »
Regarding the remove all points, I believe you can do @editpoints@[all|-X]. Replace X with the number of points you are removing. It doesn't produce a chat message so you'll have to include a chat message in the command that you call this in. so for example you make a command called !removepoints and it takes a single argument, you would use it like "!removepoints 5". The command code would be "@target@ @pointsname@ have been removed from all users @editpoints@[all-@target@]"

xxxScorpion

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2017, 10:32:24 PM »
Regarding the remove all points, I believe you can do @editpoints@[all|-X]. Replace X with the number of points you are removing. It doesn't produce a chat message so you'll have to include a chat message in the command that you call this in. so for example you make a command called !removepoints and it takes a single argument, you would use it like "!removepoints 5". The command code would be "@target@ @pointsname@ have been removed from all users @editpoints@[all-@target@]"

I just saw this and yeah it totally works, thanks a bunch! Will be sure to include it in upcoming games.