Author Topic: Set Minimum Outbid/Outvote Thresholds & Values  (Read 954 times)

Marstead

• Padawan
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: Marstead
Set Minimum Outbid/Outvote Thresholds & Values
« on: September 23, 2015, 02:00:45 AM »
I tend to run into issues when using the Stream Poll (with multi-voting) & Auction tools where viewers will try to spam outbid each other by 1 vote. I end up having to ask viewers to simply say how high they are willing to go to speed things up, but this has the effect of letting users with lots of Currency win auctions & polls simply by threat rather than actually spending their points.

I'd like to see two options added to Stream Poll & Auction Tools:

Minimum Outbid Threshold: The number of votes/value of bid at which the outbid/outvote threshold triggers.
Minimum Outbid: The minimum difference between the current highest bid/vote and a registered outbid/outvote.

STREAM POLL EXAMPLE

Minimum Outvote Threshold: 100
Minimum Outvote: 50

Abby, Barry, and Charlie all vote in a stream poll.

Abby votes 150 for Option 1.
Barry votes 1 for Option 2.
Charlie votes 50 for Option 3.

Barry doesn't have enough Points to continue voting so he drops out.

Abby & Charlie are now in a voting war. They both intend to continue outvoting each other until one caves.

Abby's vote of 150, as the current winning vote, is over the specified threshold of 100. If Charlie wants to outvote Abby, he must vote at least 200.
If Charlie votes 200, Abby most vote at least 250 to take it back, etc.

This will still lead to bidding/voting wars but it will speed things up significantly.

Additional Request
It would be immensely helpful if this threshold and value could be changed in the middle of an Auction or Poll. It is difficult to predict when a bidding war will occur so having the ability to change it mid-poll would be very useful (with an associated bot announcement). If this is difficult or impossible, the ability to at least set it before starting an auction/poll would be very helpful.