Author Topic: follower bonus  (Read 1951 times)

krappleby

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: krappleby
follower bonus
« on: September 16, 2015, 06:54:32 PM »
Ok.. so i have read that twitch is limiting its follower list download, so i ask for the following

i would liek to allocate my followers, a set number of points/coins per month.. to do this.. i need to get hold of a followers list.. which we cannot do properly. so is their a way.. the system can do the following

1. when a user comes into the channel it retrieves data on that user. if the user is a follower, it checks to see if that follower has recieved his points this month. if not it allocates the points, if they have it does nothing..

Or is this an api script someone can make for me.. (payment availalbe within reason)

cheers

Wolfie

• Padawan
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: Wolfie713
Re: follower bonus
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 09:41:50 PM »
Where did you read about limiting the download list?

On your idea, it wouldn't have to download the info on the user each time, only if the last time they got any points happens to be more than a month old.

emrerocky

• Advisor
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
    • emrerocky's Website
  • Twitch Name: emrerocky
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2015, 10:19:25 PM »
Where did you read about limiting the download list?

On your idea, it wouldn't have to download the info on the user each time, only if the last time they got any points happens to be more than a month old.

Twitch has blocked access to the full follower list. As such, the bot can no longer keep followers in sync, and won't be able to offer any options that rely on the full follower list.

more details : https://github.com/justintv/Twitch-API/issues/320

Wolfie

• Padawan
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: Wolfie713
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2015, 12:14:26 AM »
Interesting.  I see in that discussion that E.O. already piped in about the issue with regards to bots (ie, DeepBot).  While the reasoning for the limitation seems sound, the alternative is much worse.  They seriously should reconsider ways of imposing a limitation, such as requiring an oauth token for anything beyond the first 100 names retrieved and when the oauth token is used to retrieve a list from a streamer they don't have broadcasting rights with, set throttling limits (one request of up to 1,000 names per 30 seconds) or from a stream they do have broadcasting right for, something like 2,000 names per 15 seconds.  That would lighten the use of resources while maintaining functionality.

As I said before though, would be better to only make a call per viewer when it's been locally detected to be over a month since the last check, rather than pulling the information and then checking, as many calls would end up being unnecessary.

krappleby

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: krappleby
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2015, 04:04:27 PM »
That option would also be great. It checks list first then if user hasnt had points in the month it then checks if they are a follower. This is a workaround that could work and would help greatly