Author Topic: Can deepbot display help text when a !command expecting $message is left blank?  (Read 1857 times)

GarbagePlay

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: GarbagePlay
For example:

I want
Code: [Select]
!quote
if{$message(true), print>"Thanks $username! I've saved your $message to the quote database!", @writeline@ > db.txt}
Elseif{$message(null), print>"Usage: To add a quote type: !quote some-quote-here"}

So far, I can get away with this in other bots if I put the two commands on different lines and they leave the !quote blank.

BUT if they actually include something, the help text still displays as well as the success command.

TheNumbLock

• Advisor
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: TheNumbLock
When you have two lines in the command box, the bot sees each line as a random response. Also in the next update there will be an else if thing for what you wanna do. (Possibly a deny message as well if requirements not met.)

For now it won't work.

Also there is a built-in quote system.

Old Name: RepentGamingTV
Twitch: Here

Need help ASAP?
Join Deepbot's Discord: Discord.Deepbot.tv
Deepbot's Twitter: @DeepSupport

GarbagePlay

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Gotcha, so until the update I'm stuck with something like this on either bot? (i'm probably going to move to deepbot as soon as I get through paying this months rent)

TheNumbLock

• Advisor
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: TheNumbLock
Well the bot can write to .txt files.

Old Name: RepentGamingTV
Twitch: Here

Need help ASAP?
Join Deepbot's Discord: Discord.Deepbot.tv
Deepbot's Twitter: @DeepSupport

GarbagePlay

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Oh I mean the problem of a blank command showing help text but a non-blank command showing help text and success text. (I don't want a correctly formatted command to also show help text.