Author Topic: !bets command  (Read 3307 times)

verymcsneaky

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: veryMcSneaky
!bets command
« on: March 19, 2016, 07:53:08 AM »
!bets @calc@[*|100|@getcounter@[!bets]] 2

What I am trying to do is set it up so the bot will bet a hundred points for every !bet that took place during that betting cycle. I have the commands chained together so it will reset the counter on !bets after it runs this command. I'm not sure if I just have the commands wrong or there is a limitation placed on @calc@ where it can't have commands inside the formula. Please take a look and give me your thoughts....and if it is complete wrong....well, be gentile.

TheNumbLock

• Advisor
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: TheNumbLock
Re: !bets command
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2016, 08:00:15 AM »
First of all !bets is already used by the bot:

Code: [Select]
!bets [x] [y] : When betting pools are open, it enters your bet of "x" points on option "y" (e.g. !bets 100 2).

You will need to rename the command to something else.
Old Name: RepentGamingTV
Twitch: Here

Need help ASAP?
Join Deepbot's Discord: Discord.Deepbot.tv
Deepbot's Twitter: @DeepSupport

verymcsneaky

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: veryMcSneaky
Re: !bets command
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2016, 08:06:11 AM »
The name of the command is actually different, should have mentioned that. Inside my command, I'm trying to call on the bot's !bets command and feed it those variables. It does appear that the bets command is registered since it always says one more person bet than actually did, but it is not passing it a number from the @calc@. I guess my question is, does it appear that it would work. Can you pass the bot's !bets command something different than just numbers.

Thank you for getting back to me so soon. Sorry if this sounds like gibberish.