Author Topic: Bets  (Read 2311 times)

cheken

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: thecheken
Bets
« on: April 18, 2014, 07:42:37 AM »
I'm a regular viewer of a stream using deepbot and we have recently had to limit the betting options to a maximum of 50 "coins" (or points, or whatever you'd like to call them)

The reason for this is that there is no limit to the amount of options you can bet on and if the streamer died in the game, everyone watching got 5 coins. This meant that people could bet 5 coins that he would beat a boss and not lose any coins when he died. However at the same time they could bet the rest of their coins on him actually losing and since the game will kill you 90% of the time (it's dark souls 2, need I say more?) they were bound to win and get a profit regardless.

To limit this, the maximum bet has been restricted, and that is why it could effectively be called a bug. Is there a way to set a limit to the amount of options you can bet for at all or has it been thought about? If not, it's something that I personally think would be a brilliant addition to the betting part of deepbot and could help limit any exploits such as the one on this stream!

Dante557

• Advisor
  • Councilor
  • Sometimes Helpful, Sometimes Not :D
    • View Profile
    • My Twitch Page
  • Twitch Name: Dante557
Re: Bets
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 02:31:25 AM »
The way it is currently implemented is intentional. Think of it like a roulette table. You can spread your bet over multiple options in order to hopefully get at least one winning options. Of course with roulette you have a multitude of options and in Dark Souls II it's either you live or you die. As most people will only bet on one options the people that do bet on two with the same amount are bound to make a profit as a result. Unfortunate loophole in the system.

Fear not though! I've let Experts know and he has put it on his ToDo list (Which, lets be honest, is probably quite big). No ETA I'm afraid. If I had to guess how it'd be implemented it will probably be different "modes" not unlike how Arena is set up although that is simply pure speculation.

Thanks for the suggestion!
Dante557
If you need to get through to me you can try to contact me on Twitter @ http://www.twitter.com/dante556