Author Topic: Requesting for BankHeist Config to accept parameters.  (Read 1481 times)

SmokaCola

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: SmokaCola
Requesting for BankHeist Config to accept parameters.
« on: August 13, 2016, 08:18:52 PM »
Currently using Ankhbot, and I want to make the switch; however, I've done a lot of tweaking the read/save/overwrite file commands. The reason for this is to provide a large variety to the heist. Instead of the same things happening over and over, each of the 4 outcomes can be randomized between endless outcomes. For me, a lot of the viewers seem to like the different things that can happen.

The problem with DeepBot at the moment is that it doesn't offer this ability, it simply won't read any parameters if placed in the text fields. If it could be updated to do so, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Example: $readrandline(minigames/bank_heist/results.txt): $results $overwritefile("minigames/bank_heist/lists/heisters.txt","")

This not only shows alternate wording for the results, but also logs the results for all heisters who survived.

TheNumbLock

• Advisor
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: TheNumbLock
Re: Requesting for BankHeist Config to accept parameters.
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2016, 01:13:28 AM »
You could always make a custom mini-game with commands instead of using the built in heist.
Old Name: RepentGamingTV
Twitch: Here

Need help ASAP?
Join Deepbot's Discord: Discord.Deepbot.tv
Deepbot's Twitter: @DeepSupport

SmokaCola

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: SmokaCola
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2016, 03:04:17 PM »
Gave this a shot, but I don't see any efficient way to set up the outcome? So far the only thing I've come up with is writing names to a file when the command is accepted, but there isn't really anyway way to pull random names from the file without accidentally pulling the same name twice is there?

TheNumbLock

• Advisor
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: TheNumbLock
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2016, 05:51:18 PM »
Option to @readfile@ to specify which line to read. e.g. @readfile@[2,users.txt] will read the second line. Other options is 'l' for last line.

So you could do something like @readfile@[@rand@[1|5],banknames.txt], at least I think that may work.
Old Name: RepentGamingTV
Twitch: Here

Need help ASAP?
Join Deepbot's Discord: Discord.Deepbot.tv
Deepbot's Twitter: @DeepSupport