Author Topic: Unique Timed Messages  (Read 1695 times)

darthclide

• Padawan
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: darthclide
Unique Timed Messages
« on: August 20, 2016, 02:43:53 AM »
I tried finding an answer because I assumed something so basic would be easily understood. Is it really not possible to have 1 message activate every 1 hour, and 1 message activate every 15 minutes?

TheNumbLock

• Advisor
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: TheNumbLock
Re: Unique Timed Messages
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2016, 03:27:42 AM »
Well it is possible, you would just create a channel command and chain it to itself. Then you would just run/execute the command and it would repeat depending on how many seconds you have the chain set to.
Old Name: RepentGamingTV
Twitch: Here

Need help ASAP?
Join Deepbot's Discord: Discord.Deepbot.tv
Deepbot's Twitter: @DeepSupport

darthclide

• Padawan
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: darthclide
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 06:55:12 AM »
Can you please explain how to do this? It seems weird that you can't just change the time for each individual command under the "Timed Messages" page?

TheNumbLock

• Advisor
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: TheNumbLock
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2016, 07:17:55 AM »
Can you please explain how to do this? It seems weird that you can't just change the time for each individual command under the "Timed Messages" page?

So basically the command is this:

I basically just put a random command name, and the message. Then I chain it to itself to run every 10 mins. So every 10 mins, it will post a message.

Do note, you won't be able to turn it off until you close the bot or disable/delete the command.

Another way of doing it is below. With this setup, you can execute it, and every 10 mins it runs, it will check the @uptime@ to see if the stream is live. If the stream is live, it will send the message. If the stream is offline, it will send a blank message/no message at all.

The Command Message: @if@[@uptime@||Offline||||This message will go off every 10 mins.]

Old Name: RepentGamingTV
Twitch: Here

Need help ASAP?
Join Deepbot's Discord: Discord.Deepbot.tv
Deepbot's Twitter: @DeepSupport