Author Topic: Timeout for Links  (Read 3085 times)

supersurvival

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: supersurvival
Timeout for Links
« on: March 23, 2014, 07:45:24 AM »
Hello,

i want to kick Nighbot out of my Channel but the timeout feature i miss at DeepBot. Is there a Chance to get this in the future? :)

SuperSurvival

Izlsnizzt

Re: Timeout for Links
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 08:02:24 AM »
Moderation featured will likely not be added to deepbot.  This is something that is better suited to a hosted solution like nightbot, moobot, ackbot, or xanbot.  Moderation functions would require too many resources on the users machine to work effectively, especially in large channels.

DJHellray

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: DJHellray
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 04:10:28 PM »
thats just sad that you guys arent even trying to make am moderation system.

mrstatoil

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: mrstatoil
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2014, 10:47:13 PM »
Even if I do agree on the part that it would require to mush resources on the users machine to work effectively. But(!) if I had a machine especially made to run my Deep Bot, I do have the resources in that machine to not only run the functions right now in Deep Bot but also run a full scale moderation system like Nightbot, Moobot and whatnot?
I'm not saying "Do this naow!" but it would actually be fun to run you own full scale bot on the channel.

I know there is another topic for this but the only thing I'm missing with the functions thats in the bot right now, is the ability to ban certain YouTube clips/songs from being requested. I know that you can just timeout or even ban viewers who is making this requests. But there is always going to be somebody trying to request this clips/songs and if would just make the job a lot easier for us thats streaming and for the moderators.