Author Topic: Allow commands to be run via Discord DMs problem  (Read 1969 times)

dorian_d

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: dorian_d
Allow commands to be run via Discord DMs problem
« on: March 04, 2017, 04:24:02 PM »
Hi everyone.

Since I changed my username (my old name was dorian_d1990 and now it's Dorian_D) I have reconfigured Deepbot/discord integration and for the most part everything seems to be working just fine. However, I can't run commands via discord direct message anymore. When I send a direct message with "!link" my bot responds and says, "Your account is currently connected to dorian_d1990"

Is there a way I can disconnect the dorian_d1990? I have tried going to my Twitch settings-connections page and removed all my old connections with deepbot and discord and reconnected under my new name but to no avail. I deleted my old discord Twitch connection and reconnected under the new name but did not help. I also went to the authorized apps in discord and deleted the Deepbot-twitch-link and whispered !link_discord to my bot nothing happens. I watched the tutorial video how to link discord to deepbot but after following the steps everything in deepbot/discord seems to work except issue commands via direct message.

Long story short unlink my dorian_d1990 with discord/deepbot integrations and use the dorian_d so I can dm my bot from discord to issue commands.

If anyone knows a possible solution that would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Dorian

« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 06:04:24 PM by dorian_d »

TheNumbLock

• Advisor
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: TheNumbLock
Re: Allow commands to be run via Discord DMs problem
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 12:34:06 AM »
Try whispering the bot !unlink.
Old Name: RepentGamingTV
Twitch: Here

Need help ASAP?
Join Deepbot's Discord: Discord.Deepbot.tv
Deepbot's Twitter: @DeepSupport

dorian_d

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2017, 02:20:23 AM »
Hi repent thank you for your response. I get no response from the bot when I whisper !unlink. Any other ideas around this?

dorian_d

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2017, 05:30:51 PM »
Hey Repent. This issue is now solved for me. Expertsonline and Ninetales suggested me updating to the latest developer build and type !link refresh in discord. This fixed my problem and now my name change works with discord for issuing commands via direct message.

Kanjo

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: djKanjo
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2017, 06:02:01 AM »
hi,

i got the same issue as descrive. I just change ma twitch name and cannot change it for discord integration (link to my old twitch name)

how can i resolve it ??

TheNumbLock

• Advisor
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: TheNumbLock
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2017, 08:07:50 AM »
hi,

i got the same issue as descrive. I just change ma twitch name and cannot change it for discord integration (link to my old twitch name)

how can i resolve it ??

Fix below:

Hey Repent. This issue is now solved for me. Expertsonline and Ninetales suggested me updating to the latest developer build and type !link refresh in discord. This fixed my problem and now my name change works with discord for issuing commands via direct message.

How to update to Alpha Guide: http://wiki.deepbot.tv/update_to_alpha
Old Name: RepentGamingTV
Twitch: Here

Need help ASAP?
Join Deepbot's Discord: Discord.Deepbot.tv
Deepbot's Twitter: @DeepSupport