Author Topic: Option to have music broadcast to a shoutcast server?  (Read 1908 times)

MetagamingTV

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: MetagamingTV
Option to have music broadcast to a shoutcast server?
« on: May 25, 2014, 03:35:53 AM »
So we run our bot on a dedicated server, and that means we cant use the music request system atm since we dont have a way of getting the music to the streaming computer.

An idea would be if you could implement a shoutcast streaming feature on the music. so that if I give the bot our shoutcast server details for example, that it would be able to connect to and broadcast the music at say 128kbps to a shoutcast server.

In this way, the one streaming could just tune in to the server on the streaming computer, and the music request system would work for us who host our bot on an external location. :)

Please? This would be amazing, and I have seen in the forums that there are several people who host the bot externally for 24/7 uptime and ease of use when having several people streaming on one channel :)

Thanks!

Restylegaming

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: restylegaming
Re: Option to have music broadcast to a shoutcast server?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2014, 09:09:42 AM »
I got a same situation and using www.mixlr.com
It broadcast the sound and from the computer and you just open the browser for it.

My friend and i are using 1 music for 2 streams and thats working fine

MetagamingTV

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: MetagamingTV
Re: Option to have music broadcast to a shoutcast server?
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2014, 11:08:20 PM »
Might still need an external dashboard or accessible page for the songplaying stuff. I wouldnt mind if it would be a VIP service.

This because I realized an issue with my idea. it doesnt work for people like us who host the bot on a windows server. because as most would know, servers dont come with soundcards :D so it wouldnt be possible to broadcast the music from the server anyhow.

I REALLY hope Experts can find a way to make the songrequests accessible for us who host the bot on dedicated servers. Im thinking in a way like nightbot does it, where it is through an external dashboard of some sort.