Author Topic: User Database Corrupt  (Read 3521 times)

blingATL

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: blingATL
User Database Corrupt
« on: June 12, 2014, 05:12:20 PM »
I got an error message/crash when I started deepbot. It said the user database is corrupt and something about a backup.

I had like 2950 users before and now it shows like 90 users. They have all reset to 1 point as well.  :o

Is there any way to retrieve my old database from a day or two ago, before this crash? I have attached the error log I could find.

I'm not exactly sure how to do the backup process, any help is greatly appreciated thanks.

Dante557

• Advisor
  • Councilor
  • Sometimes Helpful, Sometimes Not :D
    • View Profile
    • My Twitch Page
  • Twitch Name: Dante557
Re: User Database Corrupt
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 07:23:29 AM »
This is unfortunately a common problem currently. Luckily though the restore process is easy enough to follow. Steps are below.

• Go to where you have installed Deepbot (Typically C:\DeepBot - Twitch Streamer Assistant)
  • Navigate to the backups folder
  • There is a readme file explaining what the different folders in there contain, but typically you want to either be looking in folder 1 (1 hr backups) or folder 2 (3 hr backups), depending on when you started experiencing these problems
  • Copy the "users" file that is before the database corrupted. This file will have numbers after it
  • Go back to the main folder and delete the "users" file
  • Paste the users file you copied from the backups folder and then rename it so it just reads "users"
If you need to get through to me you can try to contact me on Twitter @ http://www.twitter.com/dante556

blingATL

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: blingATL
Re: User Database Corrupt
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2014, 09:56:09 AM »
Many thanks Dante, just got a backup to work.

This process is good to know.   :)