Author Topic: Sharing with a Co-Streamer  (Read 1556 times)

Rocket HQ

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: Rockethq
Sharing with a Co-Streamer
« on: July 17, 2014, 01:10:28 PM »
I currently have a Twitch stream partner and we are both trying to use deepbot. However, the problem is that the points accumulated on his application don't transfer to the user database of my application. Which obviously isn't ideal for those who have accumulated many points. Is there any setting or fix for this? Thanks in advance!  :)

BlackWolf

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: BlackWolfHowls
Re: Sharing with a Co-Streamer
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 07:24:10 PM »
No, the database is stored locally.

What could work is sync the file users.bin across your pc's with a service like Dropbox or Drive. Again, this is not officially supported, but it might work. Let me know!

Rocket HQ

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: Rockethq
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2014, 07:21:40 AM »
I'd love to give that a try. Pardon my newbiness, but where can I find the users.bin that you're talking about? I've been having trouble finding it. Thanks again!

Edit: Found the users.bin file, however is this file supposed to be opened? Or do I simply send my stream partner the file via Google Drive and he post it in his Deepbot file?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 07:28:09 AM by Rocket HQ »

BlackWolf

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: BlackWolfHowls
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2014, 08:29:49 PM »
Yes, share the file with Drive or Dropbox. Or whatever service you want to use. Then your friend needs to save the users.bin file in the DeepBot folder. The same way around applies to your friend, he needs to share his file with you, etc. Basically you're swapping the file between you two constantly. It's a pain, but it "should" work. Emphasis on should. Be sure to make backups before trying this.

This is not officially supported and I see files getting corrupted pretty easily.