Author Topic: deep bot causing lag using other programs  (Read 1983 times)

fatpally

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: fatpally
deep bot causing lag using other programs
« on: August 02, 2014, 09:19:24 AM »
i currently use a voip program called ventrillo and when i try to have deep bot running ive noticed a huge lag spike and its only when i use ventrillo

Dante557

• Advisor
  • Councilor
  • Sometimes Helpful, Sometimes Not :D
    • View Profile
    • My Twitch Page
  • Twitch Name: Dante557
Re: deep bot causing lag using other programs
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 12:24:34 AM »
Do you notice system lag when using Ventrillo by itself?

As I don't use Ventrillo (I personally prefer Mumble, Skype or Teamspeak myself) I cannot comment as to these two programs conflicting. However, system lag can be caused for a number of reasons. I recommend checking the amount of CPU and memory you are using when both these programs are running. If you have opened the music tab in Deepbot at any point the flash player in that could also be a contributor. If you aren't using that music player I would say to right click the video and press "Disable Player". If you are using the External chat function on Deepbot this can also put extra strain on the CPU.

Of course if you are using a beastly CPU like an i7 then ignore all of the above as the CPU would unlikely be the bottleneck.
If you need to get through to me you can try to contact me on Twitter @ http://www.twitter.com/dante556

fatpally

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: fatpally
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 08:01:41 AM »
i have a i7 and everything is normal my xsplit and ventrillo when its not turned on but when its on i cant use either

Dante557

• Advisor
  • Councilor
  • Sometimes Helpful, Sometimes Not :D
    • View Profile
    • My Twitch Page
  • Twitch Name: Dante557
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 07:20:32 AM »
As Deepbot is saving files for one purpose or another (When making backups of your user database for example) this could potentially cause system lag when your computer attempts to read from the hard drive. If you have a HDD have you defragmented recently?

If the lag is really bad you could try forcing Deepbot to run on one core only. The effect this could potentially have though could be both interesting and/or demoralising. All I can really suggest is to keep monitoring or have someone take a look at it who has more technical knowledge then I. Even on an i7 streaming can be an extremely taking process depending on how you have it set up, especially with XSplit, and adding Deepbot on top of that will begin to show this more visibly.
If you need to get through to me you can try to contact me on Twitter @ http://www.twitter.com/dante556