Author Topic: Additional option for Donation Notifications  (Read 1053 times)

POGFM

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: POGFM
Additional option for Donation Notifications
« on: February 19, 2015, 01:11:43 AM »
I would like to see deepbot have the ability to issue commands in IRC when someone donates at/above a VIP level. 

I use nightbot strictly as a spam assassin.  I have to add/remove vips from the regulars list manually (so they can post links, caps, etc).  Since Deepbot is my acting subscriptions manager it would be most helpful if I could configure it to post an IRC message when someone goes VIP.  Just a field where the desired IRC output could be
entered such as;

!reg add "twitch username"

Also, upon startup (and at the start of every new day 00:00:01) deepbot could check for vip memberships that have expired since the last check/midnight and issue a remove command such as;

!reg remove "Twitch username"

Adding these two option IRC action fields would automate yet another manual task I perform and make it more convenient to use nightbot as a chat moderator, a feature that seems unlikely in deepbot due to technical reasons.  For the record I'm not bashing deepbot, there is a resource demand in chat moderation and it makes sense not to do it in a standalone client, especially when nightbot does it so well, i'd just like to see deepbot able to control it in this fashion.

Keep up the good work!