Author Topic: Deepbot suddenly causing FPS drop in OBS only.  (Read 1716 times)

Vegeta8300

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: Vegeta8300
Deepbot suddenly causing FPS drop in OBS only.
« on: August 05, 2014, 10:06:32 AM »
I recently got Deepbot. I have been running it for days. It has been great! :) But, just today ran into an issue where deepbot is up and running and it causes OBS to drop its frame rate to single digit fps. NOT the network, that stays green. Just the fps. As soon as I close deepbot, the fps jumps back to 30. If I wait a little I can start deepbot again, and it will be fine for random amounts of time. Sometimes up to 30 minutes, but then it will drop frames again. Even when I have no game running and OBS is in preview mode it will do it. Deepbot is the only new thing on my computer, and it being open or closed is the only thing affecting my fps in OBS. Even still, it works sometimes.  Anyone having this issue? Is it a bug that i should report? Help! Thanks!

Vegeta8300

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: Vegeta8300
Re: Deepbot suddenly causing FPS drop in OBS only.
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2014, 07:55:18 PM »
With the recent update it seems to not cause a drastic drop. I will do from 30fps to 15-20 for about 20 seconds. Then it goes back up. Thankfully, It doesn't seems noticeable viewers. Also, it now does it maybe every 10-15 minutes. I am not 100% sure on that time frame though. I run a decent computer  i7-2600K, 8GB RAM, and GeForce GTX 550ti (that is my main bottleneck I think) But this issue happens even with nothing else open but OBS and Deepbot. I am happy that I can use deepbot while I stream again. Hopefully, some of what I am writing makes sense to someone in case it is a bug :)

JordanMillward_1

• Advisor
  • Padawan
    • View Profile
    • My Channel
  • Twitch Name: JordanMillward_1
Re: Deepbot suddenly causing FPS drop in OBS only.
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 04:06:06 PM »
At the same time, did you check to see how much CPU power it was using? A sudden increase in CPU usage would cause the FPS decrease.