Author Topic: does Deepbot have to run on the same machine you stream on?  (Read 1247 times)

Hecthor Doomhammer

• Youngling
  • C&C mods livestreamer
    • View Profile
    • Hecthor Doomhammer Streaming Service
  • Twitch Name: pauljongejans
does Deepbot have to run on the same machine you stream on?
« on: August 13, 2014, 06:57:06 AM »
Because my streaming set up doesn't have 2 monitors, I do use my laptop as 2nd screen, so I can view the twitch chat of my channel.
But today, when I had Teeboard and Deepbot running in the background, and played Red Alert 2 Yuri's Revenge (or more specifically a mod for it called Mental Omega) the game slowed down to about 16 FPS, but when I closed both Teeboard and Deepbot, it got back up to 30 FPS

So I was curious if I could have Deepbot run in the background on my laptop,  which is my non-streaming machine, while I stream on my pc?
The streamer of Mental Omega, YR: Red Resurrection, Attacque Supérior, Colony Wars and Rise of the Reds

Dante557

• Advisor
  • Councilor
  • Sometimes Helpful, Sometimes Not :D
    • View Profile
    • My Twitch Page
  • Twitch Name: Dante557
Re: does Deepbot have to run on the same machine you stream on?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 09:25:27 AM »
As long as your laptop is running Windows or has a virtual machine of windows available (If running on Linux or Mac), this should be no problem at all. You can even simply copy the Deepbot folder from your stream PC to your Laptop to keep your current settings intact.

Thanks,
Dante557
If you need to get through to me you can try to contact me on Twitter @ http://www.twitter.com/dante556