Author Topic: Currency interface  (Read 1333 times)

MSSH_NL

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: MSSH_NL
Currency interface
« on: October 06, 2014, 03:45:44 PM »
I think it is a good idea to create a API/Interface with Deepbot in which we can add or subtract coins through external applications.

I'd like to build for instance a Trading website where viewers can pay with my Currency. After a succesfull trade I'd like to remove coins from viewer A and give/add them to viewer B.

The nice thing about this feature would be that we as users are no longer limited. We can build and add on whatever we want. Perhaps even being able to build Plugins... Making DeepBot even bigger and better.

TheElm

Re: Currency interface
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2014, 02:56:24 AM »
You could create your own API/Interface to do this, but it would require two things.

1. You would need a basic understanding of how to use SQL with PHP, JavaScript, or Python
2. Deepbot needs to have remote SQL capabilities.

I too am trying to have an ability to trade among users to get currency and allow for trade, and even have a website set up to do so for the viewers of my stream, but Deepbot does not currently support remote SQL due to some errors.

The Deepbot team could create their own API to allow this if they wanted to, but data would be stored locally on their servers and that would limit what your own personal API could possibly do. Making their own API could be possible and could possibly fix the latency problems, but it does create some security issues with transmitting private data from site to site.