Author Topic: How do users request a quote  (Read 1232 times)

The Pixel Pirate

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: thepixelpirate
How do users request a quote
« on: October 11, 2014, 07:04:34 AM »
I noticed in the new quote function there is the ability for users to request a quote be added to the database and that the bot owner can put point costs on these functions.

I took a look at the bot command list but I could not find any commands for regular users to request a quote. I was wondering how the request function works. I'm also wondering about formatting for the quote. On the wiki it is !addquote [name] [ quote]. I was wondering if it is possible to have spaces in the name or does it have to be all one word?

ExpertsOnline

• Creator
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: expertsonline
Re: How do users request a quote
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2014, 11:08:15 AM »
To request quotes, the command is !quote. As for the name, it needs to be one word.

The Pixel Pirate

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: thepixelpirate
Re: How do users request a quote
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 05:47:57 PM »
ok so typing !quote [name]
does nothing to request a quote for regular users and of course typing just !quote just displays a random quote. There is no reply from the bot and nothing entered into the database. In the permissions, I have the points cost for requests as 0 and of course everyone is ticked for requests.

Is there something I'm missing here? What is supposed to happen when someone requests a quote and what is the full command for requesting a quote?