Author Topic: User Database Scrolls Up After User Edits  (Read 1554 times)

Marstead

• Padawan
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: Marstead
User Database Scrolls Up After User Edits
« on: November 19, 2015, 05:31:41 AM »
I like to make notes for all of my users above a certain Hours Watched threshold in the Database. After I finish editing a user, though, the database scrolls all the way back up to the top. With a very big database this can make editing individual users very tedious and frustrating. This doesn't seem intentional as the edits aren't changing my current sort or requiring a resort.

TheNumbLock

• Advisor
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: TheNumbLock
Re: User Database Scrolls Up After User Edits
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 12:39:38 PM »
If you know the viewer's name, or part of it, you can use the search bar. Or click on the tabs to sort users by groups.
Old Name: RepentGamingTV
Twitch: Here

Need help ASAP?
Join Deepbot's Discord: Discord.Deepbot.tv
Deepbot's Twitter: @DeepSupport

Marstead

• Padawan
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: Marstead
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2015, 01:26:21 AM »
If you know the viewer's name, or part of it, you can use the search bar. Or click on the tabs to sort users by groups.

Hello! Yes, this is exactly my problem. I am clicking the tabs to sort all users by the # Hours Watched, so I can add notes for viewers above a certain threshold of hours. It works fine for the first ~17 users in that sorted list, but as I start scrolling down from there each edit scrolls the list back to the top. I don't know the name of each user in the Hours Watched sort so if I want to update each user in order I have scroll from person to person. Hope this makes sense.

Steps to Recreate:

1) Sort viewer database by Hours Watched
2) Scroll down a few times and pick any user in the list, then right click -> Edit User
3) Add a note to the user and click save

Expected Result:

The note should be saved and the list should remain in the same scroll position

Actual Result:

The note is saved, but the list scrolls all the way back up to the top. To look at the next user in the list, you need to manually scroll back down to them.

---

If this is an intended feature (list scrolls to the top after any user edits), possibly as part of a refresh, I could add this as a Feature Request to allow for in-line editing of data in the table without having to double-click/right-click edit user. Thank you!

ExpertsOnline

• Creator
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: expertsonline
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2015, 04:05:05 AM »
Thanks for the report. It is indeed the refresh that resets the position.
Found a way to save the position now, so it will be fixed in the next update.