Author Topic: Donation API - Open to Mod Dev'S  (Read 1995 times)

kornyx

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: kornyx
Donation API - Open to Mod Dev'S
« on: November 16, 2014, 07:18:11 AM »
I have a mod setup for Minecraft that when a donation comes in it triggers item to fall at my feet, I am looking into getting VIP features but the Dev's of the Mod for Minecraft don't know how they would access your Donation or API to set it up to check for upates to drop items at me feet.

Please help me out! This feature is awesome!

CWhiteMaster99

• Youngling
  • Cookies are Mah Life!
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
  • Twitch Name: CWhiteMaster99
Re: Donation API - Open to Mod Dev'S
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2014, 10:26:21 AM »
it would be perfect to allow the mod "Pay2Spawn" for minecraft to access the donation api and give players in game items based on donation amounts

kornyx

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: kornyx
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 10:14:42 AM »
this lovely man knows what I am talking about.

Spoke with them already they are asking me to find out where they can access the API to get to work on implenting your sub / donation functionality into their mods.

Claycorp

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2014, 11:16:46 PM »
If you don't want to make it public you could just give us the information we need. Nobody would have access to it other than the developers in DoubleDoorDevleopment.
Hopefully we can figure something out as people would be interested in using it.

ExpertsOnline

• Creator
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: expertsonline
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2014, 12:33:50 AM »
As I develop the features further, the internal API structure and authentication mechanism is constantly changing.
Providing public access at this point in time would either create  a lot of frustration as developers will need to continuously patch their applications for changes, or would slow down the development process as I would not be able to optimize database tables/structures freely if I have to support multiple versions in a backward compatible manner.

I plan on being able to reach a somewhat stable API base in a few months, however my IRL work has been keeping me very busy with only limited time on the weekends to further all the development efforts across active feature sets.

tl;dr - This is not available now, but will be in the future.