Author Topic: I would absolutely love this easy-to-implement donation function ()  (Read 1191 times)

HollywoodScotty

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: HollywoodScotty
I like to keep donation messages private (never displayed on screen, not read by bot, only read aloud by me if appropriate). Because of this, I have to use the task bar pop-up message to see messages, however sometimes the game being played/steam pop-up/whatever takes priority and I can't see the message or the message is too long for the pop-up, forcing me to alt-tab out of my game and go to the notifications tab and fiddle with maximizing the messages tab and scrolling around the weird list view (not pretty).

I would love for my bot account to whisper me with the donors name, amount, and message. I obviously have chat on my alt screen so not needing another window up for donations would be awesome. Hope this becomes a thing, thanks for reading!

Hollywood

TheNumbLock

• Advisor
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: TheNumbLock
Re: I would absolutely love this easy-to-implement donation function ()
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2015, 06:34:10 PM »
Why not in the donation notification > channel message > "/w YourSTreamNameHere" before all the text
Old Name: RepentGamingTV
Twitch: Here

Need help ASAP?
Join Deepbot's Discord: Discord.Deepbot.tv
Deepbot's Twitter: @DeepSupport

HollywoodScotty

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: HollywoodScotty
Re: I would absolutely love this easy-to-implement donation function ()
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2015, 03:00:52 PM »
I apparently missed this function. For anyone who is curious, go to Donation Notification> Channel Msg: and put "/w [your username here, no brackets] $@amt@ || @user@ || '@message@'" you don't need the || in between, feel free to format the whisper message as you want, but @amt@ @user@ @message@ are your variables.