Author Topic: ReSubscriber notificatoin  (Read 3721 times)

syndrome208

• Padawan
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: syndrome208
ReSubscriber notificatoin
« on: February 09, 2015, 04:38:44 PM »
Twitch does this already in my chat but I would like for a notification to pop up that says their name and how long they have been subbing for.

ExpertsOnline

• Creator
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: expertsonline
Re: ReSubscriber notificatoin
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 12:56:06 PM »
Yes - but this info is not yet shared with third party developers. I have requested twitch for this over a year back.

Please support the request here : http://discuss.dev.twitch.tv/t/re-payment-notification-for-subs/293

Regards,
Experts

emrerocky

• Advisor
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
    • emrerocky's Website
  • Twitch Name: emrerocky
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 01:06:59 PM »
Yes - but this info is not yet shared with third party developers. I have requested twitch for this over a year back.

Please support the request here : http://discuss.dev.twitch.tv/t/re-payment-notification-for-subs/293

Regards,
Experts

Though Twitch doesn't allow this info in the API yet, this could be tracked inside of DeepBot for any subs that subscribed since you have gotten the bot.  Not quite sure how that would work though.

syndrome208

• Padawan
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: syndrome208
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2015, 10:02:44 PM »
I have been using http://www.twitch.tv/subalert sub alert and it goes off for resubs.  If I get resubs though while offline the next time I stream it gives a notification of Resub #.
I'm pretty sure it just scans chat for the chat notification when someone selects to show how long they have been a sub for after each month of subbing.

So maybe in the meantime till its available in the API if ever deepbot might be able to do the same thing subalerts does. 

ChewieMelodies

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: ChewieMelodies
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2015, 12:23:09 PM »
Would love to see some progression on this front

ExpertsOnline

• Creator
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: expertsonline
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2015, 12:29:24 PM »
We are working on a system that relies on Chat for resub notifications. Please note that this will only work if the user re-subs when the bot is connected. While offline, since the Twitch API does not show this information, we can't accurately detect offline resub users.

ChewieMelodies

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: ChewieMelodies
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2015, 02:57:30 PM »
Sounds perfect - I need to keep the bot connected all day anyways in case people follow while stream is offline (to receive their follow points).

Cormyre

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Purple Dragons Castle
  • Twitch Name: cormyre
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2015, 03:25:58 AM »
With the update supporting this yesterday, is there a way to pass the information of "X months" to the alert? or since you're relying on the Twitchnotify alert in chat instead of the API is that not possible?