Author Topic: Deepbot on Hitbox  (Read 3172 times)

TSQ_Inject

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Deepbot on Hitbox
« on: September 10, 2014, 01:34:23 AM »
Hey guys!

I just wanted to ask if it would be possible that the deepbot comes to hitbox? I  am searching for a really good chat bot for month and on hitbox there are only 2 good ones and still they aren't really good :/ That's why I'm asking :D

Dante557

• Advisor
  • Councilor
  • Sometimes Helpful, Sometimes Not :D
    • View Profile
    • My Twitch Page
  • Twitch Name: Dante557
Re: Deepbot on Hitbox
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 04:05:13 AM »
Short Answer:
No, Probably not

Long Answer:
Currently there are no plans to have Deepbot work with Hitbox. Hitbox chat actually works differently to how Twitch chat and most other IRC networks work. Although Twitch is a heavily stripped down version of the IRC standard it is still IRC. Hitbox on the other hand uses HTML5 and websockets in order to give a chat experience to their users. That was true when Hitbox was first launched and I believe it is still true today.

There are ways it could work, for example http://www.reddit.com/r/hitbox/comments/1w6xnj/irc_update_on_irc_functionality_and_new/ But that isn't officially supported by Hitbox themselves meaning they could break it at any time (Much like any other community resource).

I just decided to go into the specifics, Experts posted an answer to your question in another thread http://deepbot.deep.sg/forums/index.php?topic=1247.msg5231#msg5231

Sorry,
Dante557
If you need to get through to me you can try to contact me on Twitter @ http://www.twitter.com/dante556

TSQ_Inject

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 05:09:04 AM »
Thanks for the fast answer :) I'm kinda sad that there is no chance for deepbot to come to hitbox :/ Its just hard to find a really really good chat bot ^^ but still Thanks :)

flycon

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2015, 04:05:07 AM »
so.. sorry for my answer here, but there was a bot named "glados" from the hitbox user "danbopes" who had an working IRC chat implemented, so u joined the irc server and selected the channel who was the stream name, and.. it works! so, there should be a way to do that.

TheNumbLock

• Advisor
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: TheNumbLock
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2015, 04:54:38 AM »
so.. sorry for my answer here, but there was a bot named "glados" from the hitbox user "danbopes" who had an working IRC chat implemented, so u joined the irc server and selected the channel who was the stream name, and.. it works! so, there should be a way to do that.

Yes, but deepbot will not be expanding into other streaming websites yet. Maybe further down the line.

You can make a simple bot with IRC, pretty easy, quite a few guides out there.
Old Name: RepentGamingTV
Twitch: Here

Need help ASAP?
Join Deepbot's Discord: Discord.Deepbot.tv
Deepbot's Twitter: @DeepSupport