Author Topic: Cosmetic Feature Requests  (Read 2135 times)

DizzyDizaster

• Youngling
  • What a Dizaster!
    • View Profile
    • DizzyDizaster on Twitch
  • Twitch Name: DizzyDizaster
Cosmetic Feature Requests
« on: January 28, 2014, 05:37:36 AM »
    This is more or less my first post on anything to do with Deepbot. I am very impressed with it's functionality so far and my community absolutely loves the system we've implemented with the help of Deepbot. For all of this and the future development, Thank You!

I'm familiar with the cycle of development enough to know that cosmetic stuff is usually the absolute LAST stuff that is implemented, but I felt like I should at least document some things for future reference.

• Ability to Resize
    I'm currently juggling 10 screens on monitor 2 to run the stream. The ability to resize the screen (even if it meant scroll bars on the side and bottom) would be fantastic.

• Chat Color / Notification Implementation
    I use HexChat currently to run my chat. Deepbot provides me with a chat interface as well that is a lot easier to use than HexChat. The main reason I continue to use HexChat is because it has color coding for names AND because you can set words to trigger alerts so the chat grabs your attention. I don't use the audio or blink alerts, merely having text be bold and orange so I know to respond. For example, I have my name and words like "Hi" and "Hello" cause text to become DARK orange bold.

• Emoticon Implementation
    I don't even know if this is available for HexChat but this would be huge. The ability for the chat in Deepbot to be able to translate a term like Kappa and show the emoticon like Twitch does would be insane. If this is what I think it is though, it would be a massive undertaking and a constant update system required to keep up with the new emoticons (unless theres a central database?). I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask though!

• Change Log Tab
    Perhaps a tab that includes a list of the changes since previous updates. I know the forum had it for a bit but I think it would be easier if it was incorporated in the actual program, even if it's just an internal link to the forum post.

• Customizing display messages for Raffles
    This is more or less pertaining to what is being given away. If I'm doing a raffle, it would be easy to type into a box what is being raffled so people can be reminded of what they are spending tickets on. In the future, deeper customization of the messages and how they display to the users would be awesome too.

• Mod Command Creation/Deletion / Ranked Use
    I'm not sure how deep you want to tread into Nightbot's territory, but the ability for my Mods to create/delete commands on the fly is awesome. Also, limiting access to commands based on their user level would be great (subs can only use !sub command, like !vip is for vips and what not).

• Mass Update Users
    Maybe the ability to use shift as a modifier to select multiple users to update more than one at once? Nothing super important here, just would be good once the Subs start happening. (We want our subs to go to VIP bronze automatically unless they donate).

That's all I can think of off the top of my head right now. Deepbot has helped make our chat more interesting and fostered an active chatting community 24 hours a day. I can't thank you guys enough for this!

Izlsnizzt

Re: Cosmetic Feature Requests
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 05:57:17 AM »
Wow!  So many great ideas here.  I'm sure this will get lots of discussion!  For those of you who use IRC often you can join myself, Expertsonline, and some other web developers in my IRC channel on Quakenet.  Join channel #izlsnizzt on any Quakenet server.  This is a great place for quick feedback or support as one of us is almost always there.

Cheers!
-izL

woodydaocas

• Padawan
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: woodydaocas
Re: Cosmetic Feature Requests
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 02:28:04 PM »
Nice ideas :) I had couple of these too, but mainly just "for my channel" or atleast I thought so.
I would also welcome the option to resize the text aside from color coding and scrolling, yes, that would be nice. Also I came up with an idea of "readycheck" - made command "!r" for it. B/c some users think it's easier just to farm currency not being active, just "let it run".. well, from time to time I say "readycheck" on my channel, who is not listening does not have a chance :)
With bot's help, that would be awesome.

What I have to do now :
say readycheck
users type !r
I got a command for that, that says user is ready!!!!!!!!!!!
right click them in the chat and add 1 point of currency

If it could be automatized, say, whoever will type !r in next 2 minutes ( including the chat delay) will get 1(customizable?) point of currency, of course only once, not spammable. On the contrary, people only like to write the command with the sheep effect, ie. when they are not listening to me, if they got channel muted and just see some troll entering the command, couple others will enter the command and prey for the luck, that it is the case :) In that case, if it's someone I know by name, ie. not new I tend to deduct one point. So if the user is above Private and is entering the command without me starting the option, it would deduct. I know it's not sounding like something cool, but it works pretty well, people are very happy, since it's worth 2.5hours of watching without VIP on my channel, if someone is not interested so much in that particular game, it still brings them to conversation and the chat is really nice after them, I am sure, you can imagine the rest.
Also, my bot does not start now, please see the bugs :(

Thanks for the ideas, for the last version and have a nice one :)
Woody