Author Topic: Arena Bug Found and Identified.  (Read 1579 times)

Flolania

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Arena Bug Found and Identified.
« on: February 13, 2014, 03:14:51 PM »
I've found a bug in the code referencing the new arena command.  I'll post exact steps that are needed to reproduce this bug, the undesired outcome, and the possible reason why this is occurring.

Reproduction:
First, start an level 2 Arena with any given amount.  Second, have only two account join the arena so the arena will fail to process.  Third, Wait some time and start another arena.  Fourth, have people join in and make sure the arena starts.

Outcome:
The first arena will fail and tokens will be refunded; however, the second arena will activate correctly, but the amounts and users who enter will be different.  The arena will add (or triple) the tokens to the current arena from the failed arena, even the members who joined could "double up" on the entry.

Possible reason:
The failed arena does not have a clear function in the code.  It does not say "Arena closed and needs cleaning"; which would mean that the variables being used to store the information is getting added and never cleared.  This would account for my observations on this new arena system.

Any credit would be nice for the discovery, and or nicely written bug report.

Flolania.

ExpertsOnline

• Creator
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: expertsonline
Re: Arena Bug Found and Identified.
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 11:38:51 PM »
Thanks for the report. Can you confirm the version this bug was found in?

This was already fixed in 0.3.13 a day ago
Code: [Select]
Fixed an issue with the Arena tournament where points were not refunded when a tournament was cancelled.

Flolania

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: Arena Bug Found and Identified.
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 08:39:01 AM »
Currently running DeepBot v0.3.13. Find out more about me on http://deepbot.deep.sg

This is the current version the bot reports and I tested it just 5 minutes ago.  This problem is NOT fixed.

Flolania