Author Topic: Song requests for groups that can request 0 songs...  (Read 1632 times)

Wolfie

• Padawan
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: Wolfie713
Song requests for groups that can request 0 songs...
« on: September 14, 2015, 02:34:47 PM »
This should be simple enough.  Some streamers have subs moved to VIP status and then set up song requests so that those who are VIP can request songs but those who aren't can't request any (ie, 0 songs).

If the maximum number of requests someone can make is '0', then instead of telling them that they have exceeded their limit, tell them that they cannot do song requests at all (or optionally ignore the request completely).  I've seen where several users will try to request songs despite it being said that it's subs only and despite getting a message saying they've exceeded their limit.  Either they get confused and believe that it will work if they keep trying or they may be attempting to flood the bot.  If the message is changed or if it's set so that it won't respond (but only if they can't do requests at all), then it may cause less confusion.  If set to just ignore them, it would cause less chat flooding from repeated requests, especially by some of the same people.

Wolfie

• Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Song requests for groups that can request 0 songs...
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2015, 04:33:20 AM »
Any chance of this happening?  Would be nice to lessen the confusion and also possible abuse.

TheNumbLock

• Advisor
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: TheNumbLock
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2015, 09:51:41 AM »
All suggestions with a check mark next to the thread have been added to suggestion list.

Also I thought when you set their song request to 0, it won't let them requestsongs, but maybe I am wrong.
Old Name: RepentGamingTV
Twitch: Here

Need help ASAP?
Join Deepbot's Discord: Discord.Deepbot.tv
Deepbot's Twitter: @DeepSupport

Wolfie

• Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2015, 11:08:02 AM »
It won't add their song to the list, but it will tell them that they've exceeded their limit.  Which is confusing if they haven't made any requests but can also be used to flood the chat with the same message over and over again.  Either way, should tell them that they can't request songs (vs exceeding the limit) and possibly be able to disable responses altogether (for those who can't request songs).

TheNumbLock

• Advisor
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: TheNumbLock
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2015, 11:13:50 AM »
Ahh okay. I will add that to the bug list, not really a bug, but ya. :P
Old Name: RepentGamingTV
Twitch: Here

Need help ASAP?
Join Deepbot's Discord: Discord.Deepbot.tv
Deepbot's Twitter: @DeepSupport

Wolfie

• Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2015, 07:23:26 AM »
Being able to disable any output I would see as being a feature request, same with having a different output for when someone can't request any songs.  But if classifying it as a bug (at least a change on the response) gets part of it changed, then that works.