Author Topic: Latest patch affecting commands?  (Read 1274 times)

Ryswick

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: Ryswick
Latest patch affecting commands?
« on: March 14, 2016, 08:50:36 AM »
I've been working on a fairly in-depth mini-game for my viewers.

It's an RPG, where you can fight enemies, gain levels, earn gold, buy weapons and armor, progress through different areas. All of that was already implemented and working, I was planning to add more, but couldn't really figure out an easy compact inventory system that wouldn't flood the chat until a couple days ago. I decided to turn on deepbot, I noticed there was a patch so I downloaded it, and just wanted to level my own character when I noticed that it just... doesn't work anymore.

Normally you'd enter the command !battle <area>, so something like: !battle grass, and it'd say...

bot: <user> has encountered a Slime!
bot: <user> has slain the Slime!

but now it only goes...

bot: <user> has encountered a Slime!

and that's it.

I also put a personalized cooldown on each area, and that still works. It understands what area you're fighting in, and that you've initiated the fight, but no longer actually lets you fight anymore.

So I'm assuming the bugged part is somewhere within the combat command, but what stumps me is that it's been working for weeks straight before the patch, if there wasn't a problem before, if the code didn't change, what could I possibly do to fix it?

If it helps, here's the code:

@if@[>=||@calc@[+|@if@[@readfile@[@user@armor.txt]||||0||@readfile@[@user@armor.txt]]|@calc@[+|@if@[@readfile@[@user@weapon.txt]||||0||@readfile@[@user@weapon.txt]]|@calc@[+|@rand@[0|@target@[1]]|@calc@[+|@points@|@calc@[+|@calc@[/|@if@[@readfile@[@user@prof.txt]||||0||@readfile@[@user@prof.txt]]|5]|@calc@[*|@streamrank@|@streamrank@]]]]]]||@target@[2]||@user@ has defeated the @target@[6]! @if@[>=||@points@||@target@[3]||||@exec@[0,!battleRewards @target@[4] @target@[7]]]||The @target@[6] has slain @user@!@editpoints@[@user@|@target@[5]]]

Sorry about it looking like a mess, deepbot doesn't like spaces. If I put the letter 'r' at the start, deepbot will say:

bot: <user> has encoutnered a Slime!
bot: r

So it's reaching the combat command, it's just not understanding all of it?

I've copied it into a test commands and tried to deconstruct it piece by piece, but I can't figure out the problem. I can get it to work only after removing a unusually large portion of the code. This is my biggest command in the game, and I was hoping to add onto it for elemental weaknesses, loot drops, and possibly other ideas, but what I'm understanding from it so far is that deepbot isn't liking overly large commands.

Ryswick

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: Ryswick
Re: Latest patch affecting commands?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 11:22:11 AM »
All right, I've seemed to pinpoint the problem.

Within @if@ statements, Deepbot no longer likes @calc@'s  made within the comparing variables. I HAVE to just plug in a simple number, before the last patch I could have complex equations in the first or second variable, but now it only accepts just a simple number.

Anyone encounter this problem?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 11:30:17 AM by Ryswick »