Author Topic: Chain Command not working  (Read 1470 times)

thegamersdome

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: thegamersdome
Chain Command not working
« on: May 05, 2016, 08:59:54 AM »
So I'm trying to get a chain command to work, and it's just not.  Basically, the user is supposed to whisper a keyword (command) to the bot.  By doing so, it will give that user points and decrease the number of points given to the next person who does it (until eventually there are none left).

I've tried messing with the settings a ton and based on the counter on !qwert, it appears to never get to the point of running.  So, easy(ish) and hard questions:

Easy(ish):  What am I doing wrong?  How do I make this functional.  I'd say I'm pulling my hair out, but I'm already bald. :(

Hard:  What can I add to prevent someone from using it twice, or, setting such a long cooldown that they won't be able to activate it twice in a day (or until I change the keyword and reset it).

Thanks!

TheNumbLock

• Advisor
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: TheNumbLock
Re: Chain Command not working
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 09:22:29 AM »
Set first command to user elevated access and it works:

Old Name: RepentGamingTV
Twitch: Here

Need help ASAP?
Join Deepbot's Discord: Discord.Deepbot.tv
Deepbot's Twitter: @DeepSupport

Dante557

• Advisor
  • Councilor
  • Sometimes Helpful, Sometimes Not :D
    • View Profile
    • My Twitch Page
  • Twitch Name: Dante557
Re: Chain Command not working
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2016, 05:02:39 AM »
To put it simply, you missed an ! in your original command. You just put qwert instead of !qwert. The command chain needs this initial ! to function.

Thanks,
Dante557
If you need to get through to me you can try to contact me on Twitter @ http://www.twitter.com/dante556