Author Topic: [Custom Commands] Cooldown Enhancements  (Read 2323 times)

Marstead

• Padawan
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: Marstead
[Custom Commands] Cooldown Enhancements
« on: May 30, 2016, 12:14:02 PM »
Cooldowns per Viewer
Right now, you can only set Custom Commands to have a global cooldown for all users. It would also be useful to be able to set a separate cooldown per user. For example, I use a lot of custom commands for voting, and I would like to disincentivize individual viewers from hoarding currency to vote by instituting a cooldown for each use of the command. With the current Global-only system I can't deploy this without restricting command usage for all users.

Alternatively, being able to set a global cooldown for all commands for each individual viewer would be a simpler implementation. For example if the global per-user cooldown is 60 seconds, then a user must wait 60 seconds between entering any commands at all. But I think certain commands would need to be able to be made exceptions to the global user cooldowns.

Cooldown Messaging
In addition, it would be nice if you could specify messaging if a command does not execute due to still being on cooldown. The existing "Access Denied Message" could be used for this. It would be helpful to get new variables to call in this case such as:

@cooldown@: Amount of global cooldown time remaining for the command, if one is specified.
@totalcooldown@: Amount of total global cooldown time for the command.
@usercooldown@: Amount of user-specific cooldown time remaining for the command
@totalusercooldown@: Amount of total user cooldown time for the command.

Cooldown Multipliers
The ability to set cooldown multipliers by userclass in Master Settings would be helpful. For example, I might want my mods to have a 0x cooldown modifier and have no cooldowns at all, and give a cooldown reduction bonus to subscribers.

Cooldown Modifying Variables
It'd be cool to be able to use commands to affect the cooldowns for other commands.

@editcooldown@[!command,seconds]
Edits the specified command by adding or subtracting seconds from the remaining cooldown.
@editusercooldown@[!command,seconds,user]
Edits the specified command's user-specific cooldown by adding or subtracting seconds from the remaining cooldown. If no user is specified, then the invoking @user@ is automatically used.

This could be really cool for commands that cost currency that incentivize people to spend currency to reduce their cooldowns on other commands.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 01:23:40 PM by Marstead »

TheNumbLock

• Advisor
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: TheNumbLock
Re: [Custom Commands] Cooldown Enhancements
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2016, 04:07:52 AM »
Cooldown per user command: http://wiki.deepbot.tv/doku.php?id=user_custom_commands#cooldown_per_user

It is not as advanced as you want it, but I am sure you can customize this even more to become more advanced.

I will put this suggestion on our board tho, which can be found here: https://trello.com/c/UlKe9X8H/24-commands
Old Name: RepentGamingTV
Twitch: Here

Need help ASAP?
Join Deepbot's Discord: Discord.Deepbot.tv
Deepbot's Twitter: @DeepSupport