Author Topic: Allow bot to announce donations in chat even if name spelled wrong  (Read 1393 times)

SuperBadJuJu

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: SuperBadJuJu
Currently, it seems like Deepbot will only announce a donation in chat if the person correctly submitted their name.  Is it possible to make it so that the bot will announce the donation even if they spell their name wrong? 

For example, if Twitch user "TwitchGuy22" were to fill out their name on the tip form as "TwitchGuy", no in-chat notification would play.  But if they put their full name, "TwitchGuy22" in the donation page it would work and say "TwitchGuy22 just donated $1.00".

I rely on my in-chat notifications in case I miss on-screen alerts.  I've missed donations because the bot wouldn't notify me via chat if the person donating didn't write their full name correctly.

NOTE: I'm talking about the TwitchAlerts integration here, I don't know if using a full name matters for notifications originating from Deepbot's tip page.

TheNumbLock

• Advisor
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: TheNumbLock
Re: Allow bot to announce donations in chat even if name spelled wrong
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2016, 08:32:05 AM »
It should announce it anyways. Doesn't matter what they put. o.o

Although it looks like you use TA, so not sure if that is something on TA's end or ours.
Old Name: RepentGamingTV
Twitch: Here

Need help ASAP?
Join Deepbot's Discord: Discord.Deepbot.tv
Deepbot's Twitter: @DeepSupport

ExpertsOnline

• Creator
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: expertsonline
Re: Allow bot to announce donations in chat even if name spelled wrong
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2016, 06:10:30 PM »
This feature is implemented to prevent troll/abusive names on donations. We had a period earlier during this application, and the outrage on $1 donations with abusive names was very high.

It is unlikely that we will remove this protection.

What I could do, is use cookies and save the name, so when a user returns, it auto populates it. Will help with the regulars that donate/tip. Let me know your thoughts.