Author Topic: Override all Bot Basic Commands with Custom Commands  (Read 1517 times)

Marstead

• Padawan
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: Marstead
Override all Bot Basic Commands with Custom Commands
« on: August 06, 2016, 04:04:34 PM »
If you create a Custom Command with the same name as any of the basic commands on this list:

http://wiki.deepbot.tv/bot_commands

Including !<currency name>

You should be able to deactivate the basic command and replace it with the text of your custom command. Include a warning to the user that they have entered a custom command with the same name as a basic command and that the custom command will be run instead of the basic command so long as it shares the same name.

TheNumbLock

• Advisor
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: TheNumbLock
Re: Override all Bot Basic Commands with Custom Commands
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2016, 01:14:54 AM »
You can disable basic commands. You just add new command > Place basic command in the "Command" Part, then hit disabled below that. Then save.

Old Name: RepentGamingTV
Twitch: Here

Need help ASAP?
Join Deepbot's Discord: Discord.Deepbot.tv
Deepbot's Twitter: @DeepSupport

Marstead

• Padawan
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: Marstead
Re: Override all Bot Basic Commands with Custom Commands
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2016, 02:24:48 AM »
Thanks! That helps for the use case of completely disabling a basic command; what about changing the functionality of a basic command but keeping the command name? I'd like to have a little more fine control over who can use the !add command for example, rather than totally disable it. (Though I suppose I could disable it here and create an alias command to do the same thing).

Thanks!