Author Topic: Several questions  (Read 2725 times)

greenie

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: gr33nd3v1l
Several questions
« on: March 08, 2017, 01:46:14 AM »
First of all, hi guys. I have several questions - I've looked through a bunch of threads but I haven't found most of the answers, and am streaming so will be busy for a while now :D

1: Music playlist
I'm interested if the playlist shuffles continuously? I have 244 songs in playlist, if I add one more in the middle of the stream and overwrite my offline playlist, will I have 245? I don't think this is the case.

I went ahead and updated my actual Youtube playlist, and just load that one. I never stop streaming though, so this might prove to be an issue in the future.

2: Timers
How exactly do they work? From what I gathered it's a list of commands that gets executed every (for my setting 2) minutes, going from top to bottom.
I'd like to be able to set a timer for each command separately (I don't need my stream data every 2 minutes, but I need my daily offers every 5 minutes) - if this is a code issue, just save a value for the time command was last executed, and wake it up in time+X

If it can't be done the way I want to, can I chain commands within Timercommands? I want a command to be executed the same time as another command, since one is silent and the other is not.

Let's say I wanted to give information about today's agenda, and at the same time reward a random viewer x points. Would I use @exec@? How do you even use @exec@ properly

3: Random line from text
From what I gathered my command should be this:
Code: [Select]
/me @readfile@[@rand@, D:\Twitch\Deepbot\custom logs\randomline.txt] Kappa
4: Can't talk in chats - works after properly updating
Deepbot can't seem to be able to talk in stream chat as streamer, or in VIP Deepbot-exclusive chat. From what I gathered it's an authorization error. I still haven't restarted my PC either so that might be the issue, too.

5: Songrequest is pretty crappy

I'd just like to note that songrequest is very bad @ keywords

7:49 ledybot: !sr delta heavy hold me
7:49 ledybot: The song Delta Heavy - Get By (Official Video) requested by ledybot has been added to the queue.

>:( >:(

And if the song exists in the playlist it can't be requested

7:53 ledybot: !sr https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbCYsEMg09o
7:53 ledybot: The song Delta Heavy - Hold Me (Official Video) is already in the playlist.

Thank you for your help in advance, and please excuse my ignorance if I haven't managed to find the answers to my questions on my own.  :)

I've purchased VIP yesterday, and will continue to support, since the bot seems to be the most customizable, and that suits me perfectly - as long as I learn to use it properly.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 03:07:08 AM by greenie »

greenie

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: Several questions
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 04:21:36 AM »
I'd like to add that an option of songs only from music category would be quite useful

greenie

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 12:31:47 PM »
I cant seem to edit my post further so I'd like to add one more suggestion:

If a song is requested and exists in playlist, simply bump it to top.

You can move this to suggestions or something since from what I see most of this is bot-related and needs to be improved soon.

greenie

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 08:18:19 PM »
Am I being ignored on purpose?

No answers to a single one of my questions?

Dante557

• Advisor
  • Councilor
  • Sometimes Helpful, Sometimes Not :D
    • View Profile
    • My Twitch Page
  • Twitch Name: Dante557
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2017, 09:13:34 PM »
First of all, hi guys. I have several questions - I've looked through a bunch of threads but I haven't found most of the answers, and am streaming so will be busy for a while now :D

1: Music playlist
I'm interested if the playlist shuffles continuously? I have 244 songs in playlist, if I add one more in the middle of the stream and overwrite my offline playlist, will I have 245? I don't think this is the case.

I went ahead and updated my actual Youtube playlist, and just load that one. I never stop streaming though, so this might prove to be an issue in the future.

2: Timers
How exactly do they work? From what I gathered it's a list of commands that gets executed every (for my setting 2) minutes, going from top to bottom.
I'd like to be able to set a timer for each command separately (I don't need my stream data every 2 minutes, but I need my daily offers every 5 minutes) - if this is a code issue, just save a value for the time command was last executed, and wake it up in time+X

If it can't be done the way I want to, can I chain commands within Timercommands? I want a command to be executed the same time as another command, since one is silent and the other is not.

Let's say I wanted to give information about today's agenda, and at the same time reward a random viewer x points. Would I use @exec@? How do you even use @exec@ properly

3: Random line from text
From what I gathered my command should be this:
/me @readfile@[@rand@, D:\Twitch\Deepbot\custom logs\randomline.txt] Kappa
4: Can't talk in chats - works after properly updating
Deepbot can't seem to be able to talk in stream chat as streamer, or in VIP Deepbot-exclusive chat. From what I gathered it's an authorization error. I still haven't restarted my PC either so that might be the issue, too.

5: Songrequest is pretty crappy

I'd just like to note that songrequest is very bad @ keywords

7:49 ledybot: !sr delta heavy hold me
7:49 ledybot: The song Delta Heavy - Get By (Official Video) requested by ledybot has been added to the queue.

>:( >:(

And if the song exists in the playlist it can't be requested

7:53 ledybot: !sr https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbCYsEMg09o
7:53 ledybot: The song Delta Heavy - Hold Me (Official Video) is already in the playlist.

Thank you for your help in advance, and please excuse my ignorance if I haven't managed to find the answers to my questions on my own.  :)

I've purchased VIP yesterday, and will continue to support, since the bot seems to be the most customizable, and that suits me perfectly - as long as I learn to use it properly.

Regarding Music Playlists
If you're referring to shuffling the playlist (As in playing a random song from the playlist like typical media players can do) I don't believe this is currently possible. I will add that through as a feature request. Currently you can repeat the playlist after it reaches the end but not shuffle.

As far as adding a song to your offline playlist then, yes, this would add additional songs should you choose to save it to your PC. Obviously this won't update your Youtube playlist as well although that would be a very interesting implementation. I'm pretty sure Youtube v3 does allow this to happen. I'll pass it through as a feature request and potentially another integration for Deepbot to have.

Regarding Timed Commands
With how they were implemented it basically works its way down the list. They will trigger when a certain time freshhold and message count has been reached then move the pointer down the list. For your purpose this isn't ideal. I believe it was implemented this way due to multiple timers causing increased CPU usage in some machines. Although the base timed commands are like this you can very easily do this with @exec@ and chained commands. Commands can chain onto themselves thus causing a loop to happen and something you'd have full control over. Although if you were going down this route I would personally make the commands in question not accessable to anyone but yourself. You can probably imagine the mayham this would cause and there'd be no easy way to stop it unless you made use of Text files to do a quick check

@exec@[seconds,command] is how @exec@ would work in a command. If you were going to reward a random user with points you could do this within the command by using @editpoints@[@randomuser@|100]. This would (Silently if you so choose) add 100 points to a random user in the viewer list.

Regarding Random Lines from a Test File
Although you can do this within a command if you so choose (Each new line in a command is classed as a random reponse) you can choose to read from a random line. Although you don't need to include the line number, it will do this automatically. Also, you don't need to include the full path to the custom logs folder as this is also automatically assumed to be the location of your text file (unless you state otherwise).
Therefore your read file would simply be
/me @readfile@[randomline.txt] Kappa
Regarding Song Requests
There are two methods based upon which you can do keyword video searches on. Views and relevance. For you example, relevance brings up the correct one. However changing that to view count instead does bring up what Deepbot spat out. Personally I would change it to relevance which you can do by Going into master settings.
Not have two of the same song in the playlist is intentional. I could pass a feature request regarding an option to allow this to happen though. Or, as you simply stated, bumping it to the top of a queue.

What do you think to a poll like system for it. Should it be requested a certain amount of times it'd get bumped to the top?
If you need to get through to me you can try to contact me on Twitter @ http://www.twitter.com/dante556

Dante557

• Advisor
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
    • My Twitch Page
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2017, 09:14:22 PM »
Sorry that took so long to answer btw. I normally frequent the discord server opposed to the forums.

EDIT: To reiterate what I've done, the following is what I've passed forward as feature requests

*Feature Requests:* The following are courtesy of this post http://deepbot.deep.sg/forums/index.php?topic=8075

1) Adding a "shuffle" feature to the music player. Possibly executed via command and via a button on the interface to shake up the playlist order.

2) A Youtube integration allowing new songs added to the playlist to be put straight into a youtube playlist of the streamers choosing. This would be a companion to the offline playlists and probably one most people would prefer if they are moving between multiple computers or sharing their playlist with other people.

3) Either an option or a vote-like system regarding songs that are already in the playlist. The option being to allow the song to be bumped to the top of the playlist. A vote-like system would instead require a set amount of votes, the amount up to the streamers choosing, which when reached would make that song the next one in the list to be played
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 10:00:19 PM by Dante557 »
If you need to get through to me you can try to contact me on Twitter @ http://www.twitter.com/dante556

greenie

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2017, 10:23:06 PM »
Sorry that took so long to answer btw. I normally frequent the discord server opposed to the forums.

EDIT: To reiterate what I've done, the following is what I've passed forward as feature requests

*Feature Requests:* The following are courtesy of this post http://deepbot.deep.sg/forums/index.php?topic=8075

1) Adding a "shuffle" feature to the music player. Possibly executed via command and via a button on the interface to shake up the playlist order.

2) A Youtube integration allowing new songs added to the playlist to be put straight into a youtube playlist of the streamers choosing. This would be a companion to the offline playlists and probably one most people would prefer if they are moving between multiple computers or sharing their playlist with other people.

3) Either an option or a vote-like system regarding songs that are already in the playlist. The option being to allow the song to be bumped to the top of the playlist. A vote-like system would instead require a set amount of votes, the amount up to the streamers choosing, which when reached would make that song the next one in the list to be played

Shuffle feature already exists, if I'm not mistaken - although it's flawed since a "real" shuffle playlist would sometimes repeat songs

What I meant was, my playlist stops playing after it plays all 244 songs.

The other part of it was - to clarify: If I'm currently on 114\244 songs from my playlist, and a user adds a song that I like, I'd like an "add to playlist button\command so I don't have to do it manually by copying the url. - which in turn brings me to the flaw in design;
Currently if I add that song, and save the offline playlist, it will save 115 songs instead of 245

I think your implementation of Youtube3 thing would be the optimal way to handle playlists

The other part of the playlist problem is indeed the bumping to top of queue. It just so happens let's say Lose Yourself by Eminem is requested a lot. People can't request it since it's in my playlist, but it's currently in spot 76 - and I have to manually bump it up to top, or people have to request a different video id to play Lose Yourself.
At this moment I have to search for obscure videos that won't pop up when people !sr them so I avoid videos not being requested at all :D

If you could, add an urgent! tag to that particular request, since it's quite stream-breaking

3:20 ledybot: !sr delta heavy hold me
3:20 ledybot: The song Delta Heavy - Hold Me (Official Video) is already in the playlist.

And thank you so so much for your response. I was just getting a bit frustrated since I saw a lot of other questions being responded to, and all of mine were ignored :(

Dante557

• Advisor
  • Councilor
    • View Profile
    • My Twitch Page
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2017, 01:44:49 AM »
Yeah I've been informed that there is a shuffle button. I was expecting it on the right hand side underneath the video player as opposed to under the playlist button (Which also makes sense.) I suppose you could just refer to the shuffle implementation in Deepbot as just organising the list in a different way. Although this does allow previously played songs to be played again.

Mind uploading your playlist file to here? you can find it in the "playlists" folder where Deepbot is installed. To me it suggests the "Auto Clear Played" option is enabled.

Experts has responded to the feature requests I passed forward;

1) "The shuffle function is already implemented" - Yeah, that was my bad for not seeing it. I don't really use the music function of
2)  "does not make much sense as songs added can be random .... you would not want people to be able to add random and abusive songs to your public profile....." - Actually a true point.
3) "too much spam ... potentially could add it to the song list on the deepbot website" Although with implemting it on the Deepbot website it could lead to "substantially higher costs to maintain a persistent connection across thousands of deepbot clients tracking millions of viewers". I'd call that a possibly might happen, might not given everything weighed up.

For that last example you can blame the Youtube API for that, refer to the following screenshots from the Youtube website itself

As such I'd make sure in Master Settings it looks like this

greenie

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2017, 03:07:25 AM »
Yeah that's not really what I meant...

I don't want them to add it into the playlist itself. I'll move this to feature requests now, since we've moved beyond the questions now :)

Thank you