Author Topic: Welcome message  (Read 6836 times)

Ellerbestyle

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: Ellerbestyle
Welcome message
« on: May 30, 2014, 01:16:39 AM »
I hope this isnt already in deep bot and I just havent found it yet. Would love a way to send a message into the chat when someone joins the channel. A lot of times I don't notice people come into the channel, and having the welcome message tells me someone came in.

menthur

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: menthur
Re: Welcome message
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 01:32:59 AM »
Channel Commands -> Event Messages -> Join Message

Make sure to check "Client Only", else everyone may see the join message and that is something you do not want. Viewers have the right to lurk and not be exposed by a bot.
http://twitch.tv/menthur

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls - Hardcore Only

GeneralHorsch

• Youngling
    • View Profile
  • Twitch Name: generalhorsch
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2014, 06:14:46 AM »
But I like to welcome my viewers verbally as this seems to make more people stay other then leave, I just want the bot to only message me the welcome message as well if I do set it to client only.

Dante557

• Advisor
  • Councilor
  • Sometimes Helpful, Sometimes Not :D
    • View Profile
    • My Twitch Page
  • Twitch Name: Dante557
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 07:48:02 AM »
When the join message is set to "Client Only" it will show the welcome message in Deepbot's Chat only. So if you want to welcome people that join you will need to watch your chat through that (Unless you are doing that already).

I will add that by the time you get the message someone has joined the channel, they have most likely already left. Twitch batches join/parts which happens every 10 seconds (I think) so add on top of that the stream delay and they have most likely already left. If they are going to stay they will stay :)

Thanks,
Dante557
If you need to get through to me you can try to contact me on Twitter @ http://www.twitter.com/dante556

GeneralHorsch

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2014, 10:11:28 AM »
That's good to know but text size is to small need to see if I can enlarge it then, yea I notice that most that leave, leave in the first 30 to 45 seconds after joining.

Dante557

• Advisor
  • Councilor
  • Sometimes Helpful, Sometimes Not :D
    • View Profile
    • My Twitch Page
  • Twitch Name: Dante557
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2014, 06:12:06 AM »
If you want to enlarge the text in the chat window of Deepbot click the icon in the top right corner of where the chat is displayed

From there you can change the font, font style and font size by clicking the button next to the font box. You can even change how different user groups are coloured from the config box that pops up to make it more readable.

Thanks,
Dante557
If you need to get through to me you can try to contact me on Twitter @ http://www.twitter.com/dante556

GeneralHorsch

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2014, 08:28:03 AM »
If you want to enlarge the text in the chat window of Deepbot click the icon in the top right corner of where the chat is displayed

From there you can change the font, font style and font size by clicking the button next to the font box. You can even change how different user groups are coloured from the config box that pops up to make it more readable.

Thanks,
Dante557

Thanks for the help I appreciate it.